Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: E3 question

1. Senior Member

E3 question

Advertisements
    I'm pretty sure E3 is the same regardless of branch...

So is anyone else who is (or whose spouse is) an E3 with less than 2 years of service receiving $1,706 or less for base pay? I got that number from this website: Pay & Health Care : Benefits : Joining the Navy : Navy.com

Basically I looked at DH's LES for this coming pay check (his first as an E3) and he's getting less than $1,706. I know the E2 pay was exactly the $1,622 that it says it should be.

Just trying to figure out if this is the same for others or not so I know if I should call or send him to PSD.

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    I think it takes awhile for the new pay to kick in. It did for DH at least, but I'm pretty sure they gave him back pay.
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    ETA: Ignore this and just read my next post LOL.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    OH wait, let me correct myself!! If it's kicking in with the Jan. 1 paycheck, that means it started on December 16. He will receive half a month's pay at the E-2 rate and half a month's pay at the E-3 rate. I just double checked DH's LES and his is an amount that is between his old pay and his new pay... because he's in the same position. So, it should be fine, and on the Feb. 1 LES it will reflect the $1705.80 amount (or whatever the amount is if there is any change for 2011).

ETA: I'm guessing your DH's base pay for Dec. 2010 should be around $1664 roughly.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks so much Beth!

Yeah the amount that the LES says is $1,663 and some change. He did rank up exactly on December 16th, so that toally makes sense! I guess I just thought this whole paycheck would relflect it since it was just 1 day after last payday.

Wouldn't the change be affected for sure on the January 15th check since that is technically the first check of the New Year though? I think I read somewhere that the increase is 1.4%, but I could be wrong. Plus our BAH increased by $39 as well.
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsmanwife83 View Post
    Thanks so much Beth!

Yeah the amount that the LES says is $1,663 and some change. He did rank up exactly on December 16th, so that toally makes sense! I guess I just thought this whole paycheck would relflect it since it was just 1 day after last payday.

Wouldn't the change be affected for sure on the January 15th check since that is technically the first check of the New Year though? I think I read somewhere that the increase is 1.4%, but I could be wrong. Plus our BAH increased by $39 as well.
    Yes, you'll see it in the January 15 paycheck... I just meant that you won't be able to look at the exact amount of base pay for the month of January until the February 1 LES.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Yes, you'll see it in the January 15 paycheck... I just meant that you won't be able to look at the exact amount of base pay for the month of January until the February 1 LES.
    Gotcha! YAY for the E3 increase in our DH's pay! .