Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Getting my Military ID

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Getting my Military ID

Advertisements
    I've checked a couple of threads now, and I haven't found my answer so I figured I'd post here.

My DH is in boot camp right now, and I've gotten some papers, but none in which direct me to getting my Military ID or enrolled in Tricare (which I REALLY need right now). I've been reading I need some sort of form (which is not in the paperwork I have) and a POA for sure.

The issue with the POA is that we were told he would take care of that all at boot camp, and I'd get it within a week, and not to worry about it before hand. Well, now I'm freaking out cause I don't have that, and I really need it right now.

I also don't know if I'm enrolled in DEERs.. infact I really don't have anything but the papers I got, which all look like his enrollment papers.

I'm doing a decent amount of panicking. Yup.
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

He will have to enroll you in deers and Tricare and then send you a form to go and get your ID card. You shouldn't need a POA for that, but it is good to have one anyway. Basically you are waiting on the paperwork from him so you need to ask him where it is.

3. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    I would suggest taking what you have and go down to his recruiter's office and get assistance.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    I would suggest taking what you have and go down to his recruiter's office and get assistance.
    Sorry to say, I don't trust his recruiter with ANYTHING. All the information he's given us has just lead us to nothing. I could ask the other guy in there though.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    He will have to enroll you in deers and Tricare and then send you a form to go and get your ID card. You shouldn't need a POA for that, but it is good to have one anyway. Basically you are waiting on the paperwork from him so you need to ask him where it is.
    So more waiting then.. I really hope it all comes in soon. I can't tolerate the pain behind my ear any longer. I'm just really scared I'm gonna get what I need, and they're going to tell me that either I can't use it, or that it's not what I need and I have to wait for something else.

I've already started having trouble without the POA.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MayrimB View Post
    Sorry to say, I don't trust his recruiter with ANYTHING. All the information he's given us has just lead us to nothing. I could ask the other guy in there though.

So more waiting then.. I really hope it all comes in soon. I can't tolerate the pain behind my ear any longer. I'm just really scared I'm gonna get what I need, and they're going to tell me that either I can't use it, or that it's not what I need and I have to wait for something else.

I've already started having trouble without the POA.
    If you have pain you need to see do NOT wait for tricare. You will have a copay from that anyway. Go to an emergency room or local drs office and try to work out a payment plan.

And yeah, you pretty much a POA to do anything in the military if it involves your husband and he isn't there.
  6. Regular Member

Look up your local military installation. My nearest one is Fort Hood and in order to get an ID card their website says I have to have a general POA or a special POA stating ID Card/ DEERS on it.
    Dana