Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting married

1. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead

getting married

Advertisements
    Df and I will be getting married in Feb. He will already have his new orders by January that I won't be on. I know it takes a while, but what all needs to be done to get me registered for all the benefits and to get me on his orders/get me to be able to move out there with him? I've asked him and he's not even entirely certain as of right now. Just want to be prepared since this will all be happening rather quickly.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Unless you are a dependent when he gets his orders, you will have to jump through some hoops to try and get on them.

To become a dependent its as easy as bringing your marriage license, a few forms of ID, and whatever form it is to the DEERS office and get put in the system. This will get you your health care (sometimes you have to go to the tricare office), and all of that stuff set up.

To get added to the orders your DH will have to talk to his command and figure out what paperwork he needs to try and get his orders amended. Its not guaranteed that they will add you though so you need to be prepared to either get married sooner, or pay out of pocket for any moving costs to get you to where he is going.
  3. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    Well he gets his orders in January and will be moving wherever they send him in the end of February or beginning of March and my lease isn't up until June so more than likely I will be paying out of pocket to move either way. But if there isn't a base around where I live would I have to go to his base to fill out the paperwork or could we just go to a recruiter's office?

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartwookie View Post
    Well he gets his orders in January and will be moving wherever they send him in the end of February or beginning of March and my lease isn't up until June so more than likely I will be paying out of pocket to move either way. But if there isn't a base around where I live would I have to go to his base to fill out the paperwork or could we just go to a recruiter's office?
    You have to go to a base, but it doesn't have to be Navy, it can be any branch. They are everywhere.
  5. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    I don't think there is a base of any sort around here. I'll have to look into that one.

6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartwookie View Post
    I don't think there is a base of any sort around here. I'll have to look into that one.
    There is a processing station on Liberty Avenue. They may be able to do it there, or they can organize for you to do it at the nearest base
  7. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    There is a processing station on Liberty Avenue. They may be able to do it there, or they can organize for you to do it at the nearest base
    Awesome! I will probably check with the recruiter at the mall that I work at on my lunch break on Tuesday and just make sure. But the processing station isn't far from my apartment so that would be lovely.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There is an Air Force base in Columbus, that is all I've got.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Unless you are a dependent when he gets his orders, you will have to jump through some hoops to try and get on them.

To become a dependent its as easy as bringing your marriage license, a few forms of ID, and whatever form it is to the DEERS office and get put in the system. This will get you your health care (sometimes you have to go to the tricare office), and all of that stuff set up.

To get added to the orders your DH will have to talk to his command and figure out what paperwork he needs to try and get his orders amended. Its not guaranteed that they will add you though so you need to be prepared to either get married sooner, or pay out of pocket for any moving costs to get you to where he is going.
    This.

DH had overseas orders WAAAAAY before we even got engaged. We got married 3 months ago and at that time got me into DEERS and all of that fun stuff and then started on getting his orders amended. We JUST got his new orders last week with me added on them and we leave in 1 month. I'm still jumping through hoops to get my overseas screenings finished before we leave.

Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

10. You're what keeps me believing the world's not gone dead
    Yea Columbus isn't close. I've driven there for concerts. It's a ***** of a drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast