Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Backpay for BAH and seperation?

1. Regular Member

Backpay for BAH and seperation?

Advertisements
    Did anyone else have a problem with paperwork at Basic? They lost our marriage certificate so, our 1st paycheck, which I just recieved yesterday, was only for his Base pay. I mailed him copies of all of our paperwork and he should have been able to process it Monday morning. Everyone tells me its no bigg deal because I will get back pay for the whole time that he has been there, but my question is when will start recieving the backpay?
  2. I'm holding you closer than most because you are my heaven.
    I'm holding you closer than most because you are my heaven.
    DH and I had the same issue, but he's already graduated out of basic. It took them almost 5 months, AND legal pressure to finally give us out BAH. We still haven't recieved all of it. It just takes time, and i know thats what you really don't want to hear. lol I would tell him to go talk to his dipo. Thats what my DH did and after a week or so of pressuring him he went and spoke to his captain. Once that didn't work he went legal.

I hope the best for you.

3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Your dh is going to have to go to the MSS and talk the finance office, unless you are near a base and have a financial POA (it has to be specifically for finance, a general POA will not be accepted) and have them check on a date.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

On a side note... how long ago did he submit the paperwork stating y'all were married? If he just got his first paycheck and it's been less than a month since all info was submitted, I would give it until atleast the 01 January paycheck.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Regular Member
    SnowCrystal On a side note... how long ago did he submit the paperwork stating y'all were married? If he just got his first paycheck and it's been less than a month since all info was submitted, I would give it until atleast the 01 January paycheck.
    He left for Basic on 11/2. He tried to submit everything that week, but since our marriage certificate was lost, he had to wait until this past Monday (11/28) to submit it. We did not recieve any paycheck on 11/15. And the one on 12/1 was just his base pay. I didn't expect to recieve BAH and separation this paycheck but I was just wondering if we would recieve it on 12/15 or 1/1 or if it may take even longer. Im currently not working, so Im trying to pay all of our bills with this little bit of money and its not easy.

KW080410 DH and I had the same issue, but he's already graduated out of basic. It took them almost 5 months, AND legal pressure to finally give us out BAH. We still haven't recieved all of it. It just takes time, and i know thats what you really don't want to hear. lol I would tell him to go talk to his dipo. Thats what my DH did and after a week or so of pressuring him he went and spoke to his captain. Once that didn't work he went legal.

I hope the best for you.
    This is what I was afraid of, if we don't get paid soon we're going into serious debt. I've already emptied our savings to make it through last month. If we don't get paid by Jan 1 (which is 2 days after he graduates BMT) hopefully he can talk to someone and see whats going on.

Thanks for the advice yall! I really do appreciate it!
  6. Senior Member
    Also have to remind you ; Lackland is the only Basic training base for the Air Force and every tuesday they get HUNDRED's of brand spanking new trainees- there finace office is probably the slowest to get stuff done so be patinence.