Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare question...

1. Senior Member

Tricare question...

Advertisements
    got the info in the mail for Tricare and I am not sure which Tricare plan to go with. Anyone have any information that could help?

Info to know: It is my DH, me, and our 4 yr old son. We plan on having another child in the next two yrs.

Any info on Tricare Prime or Standard would be great.

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    I have tricare prime. Just seems easiest, haven't had any problems! I think prime is what most people have.

It seems that people who might be a bit more picky or have special desires or needs tend to go standard.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I will be this thread
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

when I signed up for my insurance, they had the form i was filling out, and it was prechecked with tricare prime. they did not give me any other options =\
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I'm on standard just because it was the easiest to go with, no forms or anything like that.
    Prime is better though, in my opinion.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Your dh has no option he has to be seen on base. It kind of depends on what you can afford too. Prime is free and standard you pay copays and few otherthings.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    My friend whose hubby is Marines told us to get the Prime that it is way better. So that is what we will do.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  8. Senior Member
    I'm on Standard and for my family it is best. I like the ease of getting in with my civilian doctors and not having to worry about all the issues of getting an appointment on base or not seeing the same provider because they moved or whatever. It's worked best for us. I think the small out of pocket costs are worth the freedom to see who I want to see, when I want to see them and not have to worry about seeing my PCM so I can go see a podiatrist or dermatologist if I need to. I prefer the freedom to see who I want over getting my healthcare completely free.

It really just depends what is most important to you. Lots of people are happy with the base and having to see a PCM and then get referred and waiting for authorizations (plus its free which is great!). All comes down to what is most important to YOU. No one can tell you which is best because it differs by family.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    we have prime- I do not mind using the MTF and I don't want co-pays for visits.
    I have been happy with tricare for the last 9 yrs. we have always been prime.
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I enjoyed using Prime for several years. However, at this new duty station, we live over 30 mins away from the MTF hospital. I was not about to drive that far for routine appts and weekly prenatal appts, so I switched to Standard. I never had a problem when on Prime! Personally, I would stay with Prime, unless you have a preference in the type of care you receive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast