Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Separation Pay?

1. Senior Member

Separation Pay?

Advertisements
    Okay DHs recruiter told me I should get an extra 250 a month for separation pay after he is gone for 30 days, [He said hed get it at bootcamp and AIT as well as when he deploys] my pay was actually less then the first one I got on the 15th of last month. Was his recruiter lying to me? Plus how can I see where my money is coming from. Can I go on something to see what is BAH and what is Andrews base pay. Im really confused, I assumed this check would be more since hes been gone more then 30 days. Any help would be nice, Im just trying to make the monthly budget and wanna make sure I dont over spend for Christmas. Thanks.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    we get it on the firstr of the month not the 15th maybe it will be there on the 1st
    Live life to the fullest today. You may not get tomorrow!
  3. Regular Member
    checks will usually be different for 1st and 15th. this is due to usually only get extra pays once a month( ie separation pay). to see BAH and base pay amounts use Google. Find out if he set up MyPAY ( that is the military's online paycheck manager) and go check out his LES ( military pay stub) to find out what he actually is getting
  4. Senior Member
    He should get it. It is split up between the first and the 15 like everything else the military pays you for. When you get it will depend on when it gets put into the system. Like if they put it in after a certain date (not sure of the dates) than it doesn't show on that following payday but the one after that. I think to make it on the first of the month pay things have to be entered by the 22. We had to wait on our bah because it got entered the 25th of the previous month. That is how I know this.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Also remember that in the begining his pay may fluctuate a bit as some have money take out of uniforms, etc as well.

6. Member
    Also, not everyone gets it up front. They made my hubby wait until after his training to put in for it (twice)
  7. Regular Member
    i have to put in for one of my special assignment pays every month cuz it always screwed up.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwickham View Post
    Also, not everyone gets it up front. They made my hubby wait until after his training to put in for it (twice)
    Thats a bunch of bullsh*t. I am NOW being separated, so I should get separation pay now. Right?? Freaking Army and their loopholes.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorjes View Post
    Thats a bunch of bullsh*t. I am NOW being separated, so I should get separation pay now. Right?? Freaking Army and their loopholes.
    Unfortunately that is how it goes. If they owe you $$ they take forever to get it to you, but if you owe them $$ they take it right away.

Life is a great big canvas, throw all the paint you can at it~ Danny Kaye
  10. Army Wife :)
    Army Wife :)
    To see what exactly you are getting paid for you need to look at his LES. I have never looked at my DH's, but I believe you can access it from his AKO account if he has one...help me out ladies!

PP's are right, your pay on the 1st and 15th will be different. Some things are only paid on the 1st, some on the 15th, some split.

As for separation pay...I never knew you could get it other than deployments O.o. I thought we might get it if I stayed in the states while DH was stationed in Germany and he said no. I have to say, that pay is definitely one of those "hey, sorry the army life can be hard, have some cash!"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast