Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Getting my military ID??

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused Getting my military ID??

Advertisements
    Do I have to make an appointment to get my military ID? Or can i just drive there and get it? Will I be able to take care of my health insurance while I'm there?

I have to go to Travis AFB, Fairfield CA. And I can't find a number or anything.

Please help me thanks!!

( I have gotten all my paperwork from my husband)

2. Senior Member
    I'm not sure how it is with the airforce, but I was able to look all that up on the bases website with the Navy.
    We didn't HAVE to make an appt., they did walk-ins, but we made one anyways and it was nice not to have to wait around and get in front of all the people who were just doing walk-ins.
    As far as healthcare, getting my ID automatically enrolled me with Tricare. We went to the base hospital where they have a Tricare office and kind of set up the rest. Like, picking my doctor and what not, but I think you can do that over the phone with a general Tricare number.
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

(707) 424-1110 is the base operator... you can call them and ask for the number for ID cards.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    I'm not sure how it is with the airforce, but I was able to look all that up on the bases website with the Navy.
    We didn't HAVE to make an appt., they did walk-ins, but we made one anyways and it was nice not to have to wait around and get in front of all the people who were just doing walk-ins.
    As far as healthcare, getting my ID automatically enrolled me with Tricare. We went to the base hospital where they have a Tricare office and kind of set up the rest. Like, picking my doctor and what not, but I think you can do that over the phone with a general Tricare number.
    WHen I did it, I acutally had an enrollment form for tricare I had to fill out with the office in the hospital.
    Tricare is like the ONE thing you dont need a poa to do. *sigh of relief*
  5. Regular Member
    i didn't have an appointment when i went to get my military id, but i also sat and waited for hours. i was pregnant at the time and was just utterly miserable. my husband took care of deers and insurance and all that jazz.
  6. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    They may do walkin's but you are bottom of the totem pole for being seen. Make an appointment, it will save you stress and grief.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  7. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    We just went and got my ID without making an appointment, and luckily the wait wasn't long.

As for Tricare, we went over to the hospital and just filled out some paperwork, it didn't take long.
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    They may do walkin's but you are bottom of the totem pole for being seen. Make an appointment, it will save you stress and grief.
    ditto...check to see if you can make one online.....that saved us a lot of time back in Portsmouth. a ten, fifteen minute wait and we were out of htere. A few walk ins had been waiting for two hours to be fitted in.
  9. Regular Member
    Google, "Rapids Site Locator". This will list all the places around you that do ID's, their addresses and their phone numbers. I, personally, like getting my ID done at National Guard bases because there is usually no one there, no wait, and quick and easy...so if there is a site closer to you, you can go there, it doesn't have to be your husbands branch of service, can be any branch, active, guard, or reserve as long as they have an ID office which that site will tell you! Please call ahead because every office I have learned over the years requires different documents and may require appointments. As soon as you are enrolled in DEERS you are automatically enrolled in TriCare Standard and if you want to keep Tricare Standard, you do not have to do any type of separate enrollment. If you want to enroll in TriCare Prime then you will have to go to the TriCare office and fill out the paperwork. Also do not forget that your dental insurance is a separate enrollment so get that taken care of as well while you are in the 'getting enrolled' mode..lol.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCWife03 View Post
    Google, "Rapids Site Locator". This will list all the places around you that do ID's, their addresses and their phone numbers. I, personally, like getting my ID done at National Guard bases because there is usually no one there, no wait, and quick and easy...so if there is a site closer to you, you can go there, it doesn't have to be your husbands branch of service, can be any branch, active, guard, or reserve as long as they have an ID office which that site will tell you! Please call ahead because every office I have learned over the years requires different documents and may require appointments. As soon as you are enrolled in DEERS you are automatically enrolled in TriCare Standard and if you want to keep Tricare Standard, you do not have to do any type of separate enrollment. If you want to enroll in TriCare Prime then you will have to go to the TriCare office and fill out the paperwork. Also do not forget that your dental insurance is a separate enrollment so get that taken care of as well while you are in the 'getting enrolled' mode..lol.

this was good information!