Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BAH PAY QUESTION

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

BAH PAY QUESTION

Advertisements
    me and my wife were married on sept 27th 2010, our lease starts oct 15th 2010...which will i be getting my backpay from....the marriage date or the lease date? my nco seems to be telling mt from the lease date but everywhere else i hear it is from the marriage date...living in hawaii that is a $1000 difference so i am def concerned! if someone could answer asap i would appreciate it!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Date of marriage, unless you went from on-base housing to private,,,
    If that is the case, you don't get BAH when living on base...so from lease...
    Though they have changed the bah/on base rules recently...
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    $1000 dollar difference between bah with dependent and without? That doesn't add up...
    Unless you are taking COLA etc into account...?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Think meant that the back pay would be $1000
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNCheese View Post
    Think meant that the back pay would be $1000
    Ah, that makes sense then.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    it is from the date of marriage- and you can find the rules in the JFTR chapter 10.