Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: aer loans

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

aer loans

Advertisements
    my husband is deployed right now, did a few casual pays a few months ago and they just now took them all out at the same time. so now our eom pay is less than 200$. which means its impossible to pay any bills, will AER loan cover, cable and cell phone bills? my cell phone is the only contact i have with my doctors (i have about 4 of them scattered around) and my family/husband. or will they just cover things such as gas, food and things like that? any input would be greatly appreciated. ive been stressing about this since i checked mypay earlier today. thanks in advance
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blozano View Post
    my husband is deployed right now, did a few casual pays a few months ago and they just now took them all out at the same time. so now our eom pay is less than 200$. which means its impossible to pay any bills, will AER loan cover, cable and cell phone bills? my cell phone is the only contact i have with my doctors (i have about 4 of them scattered around) and my family/husband. or will they just cover things such as gas, food and things like that? any input would be greatly appreciated. ive been stressing about this since i checked mypay earlier today. thanks in advance
    Do you have the POA that gives you the right to get one of those loans? If not than your husband will have to try. But what will happen is your husband will probably have to take a financial planning class so you don't get in this position again. Even if you get the loan (if you are able). If the army is like the af with these types of loans he (or you if you have the poa) will have to explain why you need it, what it will be used for etc. I imagine since it is for bills and nothing frivolous they should but can't swear to it.

But yeah, when you owe the military money if you do not have firm payment schedules worked out, they will take it all at once and not care how much money it leaves you.

Now that said, why not pop into our newbie forum and post a introduction thread so we can get to know you.