Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Daycare Subsidy

1. Senior Member

Daycare Subsidy

Advertisements
    Can someone either explain to me how the Air Force Daycare Subsidy works, or point me in the direction of information? I found this:

"The FCC Subsidy Program allows parents to utilize a FCC home and pay the same weekly fee they would be charged for child care in the CDC or School-Age Program. Currently, Air Force is buying down the cost for those parents who have children under the age of 3, special needs children, and those who work swings or midnight shifts. The amount offset by Air Force is based on the type of care provided, the age of the child, and the providerís license status. The FCC Coordinator calculates parent fees by using the guidelines set forth on the DD 2652, Application for Department of Defense Child Care Fees, on Total Family Income (TFI).

NOTE: The subsidy program is intended to help support military spousesí employment, education, or special medical circumstances. Subsidies will only be provided to single parent families, families with a working spouse, or one who is enrolled in school. It will also be provided to families where the spouse is looking for work for a period of 60 days."

But I don't know if I qualify, or how I would go about finding out if I do. I go to school full time, and we will have to put my daughter in day care next year. We don't live on base though. I appreciate any help or advice.
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I would go to the CDC on base (or call them) to ask about it? Either that or the Family Service Center (or whatever the Air Force calls it.. that's Navy I think).
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Get Help Finding and Paying for Child Care | NACCRRA - The National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies

go here and call them...we are using them through navy and should get $200 a month, but urs may be different.
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks for the link.