Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BAH question and plastic surgery

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

BAH question and plastic surgery

Advertisements
    two rumors that are killing me right now I have to know the truth! lol DH is a spc. and coming up on his 2 year mark this week... we are stationed at ft. lewis, wa and all of his buddies are telling him he will get an increase in his BAH of appx. 300 dollars... someone please tell me if this is true.. I don't want to get my hopes up for no reason...

second rumor.. is breast implants ... a bunch of people are saying that if you play it off right... military will do it for free... but only from dr's who are like training I guess... and they are saying they know people who have actually had it done... someone please clear these up for me!! thx in advance
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

BAH is based on zip code, rank, and whether or not the member has dependents. The amount I dont know, you will have to google BAH calculator and check with your zip and rank. Reaching a two year mark does not mean he will get an increase in BAH unless he is promoted.

Yes, some people have had the military cover breast implants, but it is not as easy as your post is making it sound to get approved for it. I believe it is generally reserved those those who need it and have documented problems, and yes is done by dr's who are training in that field. I do not know this for 100% fact, its just what I have read and heard about it.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    BAH is based on zip code, rank, and whether or not the member has dependents. The amount I dont know, you will have to google BAH calculator and check with your zip and rank. Reaching a two year mark does not mean he will get an increase in BAH unless he is promoted.

Yes, some people have had the military cover breast implants, but it is not as easy as your post is making it sound to get approved for it. I believe it is generally reserved those those who need it and have documented problems, and yes is done by dr's who are training in that field. I do not know this for 100% fact, its just what I have read and heard about it.
    Would this work for a lift too? I mean, tripping over your own boobs when you don't have a bra on should be considered hazardous to your health and safety, right?!

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    yeah.. my husbands friends are e4 with over 2 years and are telling him since hes hitting his 2 year mark and is a spc he will get a raise on bah but thats the first i've ever heard of it..

and the plastic surgery... I was reading that you get 1 elective surgery?? I don't know... theres so many different stories and rumors I don't know what to believe ... I kind of figured it wouldn't be that easy but a girl can hope! thanks for your help!!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    @ lilmiss
    I totally agree with u! after breastfeeding my breasts look like the've been vacuum sealed!! haha
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdavis8098 View Post
    yeah.. my husbands friends are e4 with over 2 years and are telling him since hes hitting his 2 year mark and is a spc he will get a raise on bah but thats the first i've ever heard of it..

and the plastic surgery... I was reading that you get 1 elective surgery?? I don't know... theres so many different stories and rumors I don't know what to believe ... I kind of figured it wouldn't be that easy but a girl can hope! thanks for your help!!
    The word "elective" is used very loosely. You have to prove it's medically necessary, so it's not really elective. And then I've also heard of women who get more than one "elective" surgery on Tri-Care's dime. Talk to your PCM about it.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    @ lilmiss
    I totally agree with u! after breastfeeding my breasts look like the've been vacuum sealed!! haha
    I bfed for over 4 straight years. Now instead of giant mellons I have fat bananas!

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I would think that would qualify if you had documented proof that it was causing other problems.

Example: I have 34G's and they continue to grow (dr. cant figure out why). Because of this, I have serious back-pain and stress on my shoulders from having to carry these things around all day (with and without a bra). Because of that, after I have kids my insurance (not tricare at the moment) will pay for me to have a reduction and lift. I have been documenting and going to dr.'s about this problem for years and have a nice paper trail of recommendations for this surgery which is the only reason they would cover it.

I believe others have had it covered by the military due to 1 being at least 1 size bigger then the other, severe self-esteem problems (with documents of seeing a therapist for it), back problems, and stuff like that.
  9. Senior Member

Only if he is gaining rank at the same time. As stated bah is based off location, rank and if there are dependents or not. NOT how many years in.

Now base pay increases when you hit a year mark generally. But if I looked at it right, the increase is less than 100 dollars.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Time in doesn't make a difference with BAH, its all based on rank, dependents, and zip code. It could be that you generally get promoted at that time (im not sure) and thats why they are saying this?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast