Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFMP-Too easy?

1. Regular Member

Confused EFMP-Too easy?

Advertisements
    Ok I talked to Benning this am. She said that all we needed to do was to get the docs my son sees on a regular basis to fill out form DD 2792 and fax them down there as well as getting the school to do DD 2792-1 with his IEP attached. Granted I am not complaining, but I have a feeling that this is not right. Suggestions?
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I have no clue. I've never enrolled my son in the EFMP even though he has an active IEP. I never enrolled myself in EFMP for my eye condition. I never saw any benefits to it, besides not being able to be stationed in an area where services needed were not present.
  3. Regular Member
    That is the main reason why we are going through the process so that we do not get stationed somewhere that there are no services. This just feels way to easy, especially with the military involved.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    these forms are what determines the EMF rating- they will gather all the information and then make a desicion
  5. Regular Member
    So this is ALL they need are these forms filled out? I thought that they needed more than just that as well as records and trips to base, etc. Is there more that I am going to have to do on my end once these go through?
  6. Banned
    Banned
    no they do not need records just the forms filled out by the doctors and the school.
  7. Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I have no clue. I've never enrolled my son in the EFMP even though he has an active IEP. I never enrolled myself in EFMP for my eye condition. I never saw any benefits to it, besides not being able to be stationed in an area where services needed were not present.
    How long have ya'll been in?
  8. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    It's really not that complicated. I will caution you however. Put the words "needs of the Army" in the back of your head. The EFMP program is designed to keep YOU and your EFM near the appropriate care/support. That does NOT promise that they will never try to send him where you can't take your family. Just keep that in mind. I had an EFM and almost got out of the Navy because they wanted to send me to locations that he never would have been approved for. My detailer didn't care...he kept saying "needs of the Navy Shipmate." To this day when someone calls me shipmate I wanna punch them in the nuts.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  9. Regular Member
    Yeah I know the needs of the army come first. The army is supposed to be more family friendly to keep the families happy so they will stay in. We only have 4-5 more years left before my son is of age and out of high school. Hopefully he will be independent enough by then.

I know dh will fight it all the way if they try to move us where they do not have services. One pro is we are a home school family so educational needs can be met anywhere, especially since DoD started their own virtual school this year. We will find a way to make things work. As engraved on my necklace, love is all we need.
  10. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    That's what I'm trying to tell you.... they won't move "US" they will move him and leave you where you are if you currently have sufficient services. Not saying it WILL happen, just letting you know it's a possibility. I got schooled on that when they tried to send me to Korea. My son couldn't get approved to go there because of asthma. My detailer said no, he can't go but you can. I would have gotten out first. My ex couldn't handle him, he was abusive. It would have been bad.

Just make sure you are fully aware of what you are getting into when you put your son in this program.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast