Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare SCAM

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Tricare SCAM

Advertisements
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but I saw this on facebook and thought it should be shared

Recently there has been a rash of calls to military personnel from individuals (NFI) who claimed to be with DoD and requested information under the guise of it being a TRICARE national survey. Synopsis: On 15 Sep 10, an active duty Hurlburt Field (HFLD) Airmen was contacted about a TRICARE survey. The member was asked... for personal information such as: Social Security Number, home address, Date of Birth. Additionally, the caller asked about deployment status and length of deployments. When the Airmen asked why personal information TRICARE already had on file was being asked, the caller immediately hung up. If you receive a call from anyone about a TRICARE and believe it to be false contact your local TRICARE office (HFLD 881-2620). The below link is some added safeguard measures from the TRICARE website. Protecting Personal Information

2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I've seen it too.

I still think it's BS that Tricare hasn't sent out letters regarding this yet...
  3. Senior Member
    It's crap that someone's pulling this crap, BUT why would you ever give your info to someone who's called you? I only give out DH's SSN when I call in to the appointment line.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenziesmommy View Post
    It's crap that someone's pulling this crap, BUT why would you ever give your info to someone who's called you? I only give out DH's SSN when I call in to the appointment line.
    You shouldn't even have to give out the full ssn but the last four. That is all I do.