Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Question about Tricare Standard

  1. Senior Member
    HooyahWife's Avatar
    HooyahWife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,990

    #1

    Question about Tricare Standard

    Advertisements
    DH and I haven't enrolled me in Tricare Prime yet so I guess I'm on Tricare Standard right now. I haven't had health insurance in years so I have question..and it may be silly..but..

    I need an appointment for my yearly pap and all of that jazz.. I also want to start birth control and ask about my periods (they are extremely heavy and limit my daily activities for a week). Now I know I have a number to call to make an appointment and everything, I'll be going to the medical center here on base. But... since I'm on Standard will I have to pay something at that visit or will I be billed?

    Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

  2. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Pickels's Avatar
    Pickels is offline
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ashland, OH
    Posts
    5,504
    #2
    it will be free at all MTF's, if you keep standard and decide to go out into town to a civi. dr. you will be charged a copay.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  3. Senior Member
    HooyahWife's Avatar
    HooyahWife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,990

    #3
    Ohhh okay! I guess that makes sense that it would be free at a military facility. Thanks girl!

    Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

  4. Senior Member
    *Stephanie*'s Avatar
    *Stephanie* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    JBER; Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    16,315
    #4
    You may have trouble getting seen. Standard is space available, and even those on prime have trouble getting in sometimes.
  5. Senior Member
    HooyahWife's Avatar
    HooyahWife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,990

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    You may have trouble getting seen. Standard is space available, and even those on prime have trouble getting in sometimes.
    DH's base is small and in the middle of nowhere and he said he never really sees a lot of people there at medical. He walked in one day without an appointment and was seen within 5 minutes.

    Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

  6. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Pickels's Avatar
    Pickels is offline
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ashland, OH
    Posts
    5,504
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsbbgrl View Post
    DH's base is small and in the middle of nowhere and he said he never really sees a lot of people there at medical. He walked in one day without an appointment and was seen within 5 minutes.
    Just so you know there is a diffrence between a MM and Us. They will get head of the line privig. during working hours, while in uniform at almost everything. You may have even seen the signs at the Commisary stating this.
    If he went in, in his uniform, then he would have jumped over those dependants (non critical).
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  7. Senior Member
    HooyahWife's Avatar
    HooyahWife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,990

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickels View Post
    Just so you know there is a diffrence between a MM and Us. They will get head of the line privig. during working hours, while in uniform at almost everything. You may have even seen the signs at the Commisary stating this.
    If he went in, in his uniform, then he would have jumped over those dependants (non critical).
    I know that, the signs are everywhere. He didn't go in uniform, I was with him and it was a day off. He was the only person in there.

    This place literally is in the middle of nowhere in the woods. On the other hand the medical center here in Norfolk on base is booked until the end of November, DH had tried to get an appointment. He switched to the medical center at his new base and he said he never sees anyone go in there (the gate he stands is next to the building and he patrols as well)

    Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •