Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Medical Records

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Medical Records

Advertisements
    Okay, so DH and I are settled(ish) in OK now. During the moving process I was on top of everything...except, apparently, my medical stuff. I didn't have anything done with my medical or dental records. Now, DH is yet to get my dental set up, so there's not much I can do about that. But, I have TriCare. And I am feeling pretty sick right now. (Really bad cold, 9 times out of 10 these lead to a sinus infection. I already have an eye infection...I am falling apart) So, I want to figure out what to do to get a doctor on base, transfer medical records...all that jazz. Just in case I do end up even sicker than I already am.

To be honest, I have no idea what to do. I have gone to the same pediatrics office for all my life. I don't know how to get a new doctor, get them my records...anything.

Can somebody please explain?

Sorry to be so vague, but I am basically 100% completely lost.

2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    There should be a Tricare Service Center wherever you live... or you can call Tricare in your region to make sure you are enrolled locally. I would probably call first to ask what you need to do to transfer your care and also what your options are for being seen for illness in the immediately future.

Hope you feel better!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    There should be a Tricare Service Center wherever you live... or you can call Tricare in your region to make sure you are enrolled locally. I would probably call first to ask what you need to do to transfer your care and also what your options are for being seen for illness in the immediately future.

Hope you feel better!

Transferring your medical records isn't necessary (unless you have a major underlying condition). They will see you as long as you are enrolled and have a PCM.
    So take care of yourself, be seen by a Dr if needed, and worry about transferring your records when you have time to figure it out.
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    you can set up your own dental. Make a tricare online account and you can order it right then and there.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I don't know for sure, but it seems that you should be able to look on Tricare's website for a doctor in your local area and get in to see them right away. If they say your enrollment can't be verified or whatnot, you can always file a claim with Tricare.

I broke my toe on a cruise ship recently and the ship doesn't accept any insurance. I filed a claim upon our return and was reimbursed 100%. It took about 6 weeks for reimbursement, but Tricare makes it so easy to get care when you need it most.
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by my.hero's.mrs View Post
    I don't know for sure, but it seems that you should be able to look on Tricare's website for a doctor in your local area and get in to see them right away. If they say your enrollment can't be verified or whatnot, you can always file a claim with Tricare.

I broke my toe on a cruise ship recently and the ship doesn't accept any insurance. I filed a claim upon our return and was reimbursed 100%. It took about 6 weeks for reimbursement, but Tricare makes it so easy to get care when you need it most.
    If she's on Tricare Prime, she needs to see the doctor she's assigned to--not just any contracted provider (unless she wants to incur out of pocket costs). That's why I suggested she call Tricare and ask specifically what her options are.

That's good to know about Tricare reimbursing the ship's medical charges!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    If she's on Tricare Prime, she needs to see the doctor she's assigned to--not just any contracted provider (unless she wants to incur out of pocket costs). That's why I suggested she call Tricare and ask specifically what her options are.

That's good to know about Tricare reimbursing the ship's medical charges!
    Yeah, I admit that I have no idea about how Tricare things work CONUS. We have Tricare Prime but all of our doctors are Army docs in the TMC. I suppose that I have a PCM and team whom I'm assigned appointments with when needed. I never though to notice. I guess its something I should understand more since we move CONUS in less than 1 month.

I was pleasantly surprised about the medical costs being reimbursed after my vacation mishap. I've been very pleased with Tricare thus far.
  8. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Where would I get tricare phone numbers?

9. Senior Member
    Unless they've moved it the tricare office is right inside the hospital's main entrance. As for the numbers, I think you can look them up I'm not 100% sure though, we've always just gone into the office.