Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BAH question.

1. Senior Member

BAH question.

Advertisements
    If DH and i got married on the 17th or Sept, but we wont receive our official certificate till 3 weeks from that date, will the BAH be back dated to the day we got married? if so would we only get 1/2 the months BAH?

also, how long does it take for the BAH to show up on the paycheck after he updates his page 2? thanks for any info!
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    It will be backdated to the date you got married. If you got married on September 17, you'd receive 14 days of BAH for the month of September. Once you update his page 2, BAH should kick in within 1-2 paychecks.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Love733 View Post
    If DH and i got married on the 17th or Sept, but we wont receive our official certificate till 3 weeks from that date, will the BAH be back dated to the day we got married? if so would we only get 1/2 the months BAH?

also, how long does it take for the BAH to show up on the paycheck after he updates his page 2? thanks for any info!
    Yes back dated to the date of your wedding.

I know some people who have had their bah the next pay after getting their spouse in the system (dh and I got married on the 18, turned paperwork in and had bah the 1st of the next month. But than there are some people who have had to wait through a whole pay period (ie using my date, getting it on the 15th pay of the next month) and than some people it takes months because paperwork is lost or screwed.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    yes it will be back dated- you will get 14 days prorated and it can take 4 -8 weeks for the BAH to kick in.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    what others said is correct, but i read the title of this thread as "BAHHHHH Question!" like BAH! I have a question, not a question about housing allowance.
  6. Senior Member
    When DH and I got married 3 years ago (September 18th!), our BAH was backdated to that day. I don't remember if it kicked in October 1st or November 1st though.