Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Really grouchy

1. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!

Really grouchy

Advertisements
    I had my medical records printed off but in no way, shape or form will they allow dh to pick them up with out a POA even if I give him a full disclosure release to my medical records. I need them for my Neurologist appointment on Wed. and the soonest they could mail them to me would be Friday of next week We have one car and the commute is 40 min one way and even if it wasn't because of my health I no longer drive The only way to get these records is to go with dh on base at 4:30 am and sit on base with my 2 year old until 6pm... I already sat there for half a day to get meds and have the records printed. I just want to SCREAM!!!! Thanks for letting me get this out . Maybe this turned into as much of a vent . lol
  2. Senior Member
    Sorry, that is the way the military has been for years. Parents can get their kids records, but spouses can not get their spouses records without a POA.

Hope you can figure something out.
  3. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Sorry, that is the way the military has been for years. Parents can get their kids records, but spouses can not get their spouses records without a POA.

Hope you can figure something out.
    Unfortunately, I found out is that is how the Airforce is the Army has always let us hand carry ours before or at least let my dh pick up my records. Every time we PCSed my dh always got them for me or took care of the transfer, I have never been the one to do anything with them.
  4. Senior Member
    Odd.

I know it was that way for some friends of mine that are army, they were moving and he tried to get everyone's records when he was out-processing at the hospital. Perhaps it is certain bases that do it.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommie2My4Angels View Post
    I had my medical records printed off but in no way, shape or form will they allow dh to pick them up with out a POA even if I give him a full disclosure release to my medical records. I need them for my Neurologist appointment on Wed. and the soonest they could mail them to me would be Friday of next week We have one car and the commute is 40 min one way and even if it wasn't because of my health I no longer drive The only way to get these records is to go with dh on base at 4:30 am and sit on base with my 2 year old until 6pm... I already sat there for half a day to get meds and have the records printed. I just want to SCREAM!!!! Thanks for letting me get this out . Maybe this turned into as much of a vent . lol
    Is it possible for your neurologist to request them via fax with your disclosure release form?!