Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare Question

1. No more marines! :)
    No more marines! :)

Help Tricare Question

Advertisements
    Ok So I was wondering. My DH gets out november 12th and I can't start new health insurance untill december 1st. Does tricare cover till the 1st or is it like ok he is out no insurance? The reasoning Im asking is I may have to get knee surgery and I dunno how long it will be till it get approved.
    "I happen to like nice men" "I'm nice" "No you're not, you're..." (He kisses her)
  2. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Who is eligible for TRICARE benefits under the Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP)?

Members and their eligible family members who meet the criteria below are eligible for TRICARE benefits under TAMP:

*Members involuntarily separated from active duty.
    *National Guard and Reserve members separated from active duty after being mobilized to active duty in support of a contingency operation. The active duty period must be more than 30 days.
    *Members separated from active duty after being involuntarily retained under Section 12305 (also referred to as “stop loss”) of Title 10, U.S.C., in support of a contingency operation.
    *Members separated from active duty following a voluntary agreement to stay on active duty for less than one year in support of a contingency operation.
    *A member who receives a sole survivorship discharge as defined in Section 1174 of Title 10, U.S.C. This provision was added by Public Law 110-317, effective August 29, 2008.
    *A member who is separated from active duty who agrees to become a member of the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve of a reserve component. This provision was added by Public Law 110-417, National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2009, Section 734, effective October 14, 2008.

If you think you may be eligible for TAMP, contact the Defense Manpower Data Center Support (DMDC) Office to check your eligibility status in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). You may do this by going to your nearest uniformed services ID card facility or by calling DMDC toll-free at 1-800-538-9552. To locate the nearest ID card facility, visit RAPIDS SITE LOCATOR.
    This is all I could find.. but I will admit I didn't look very hard.
  3. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    ok I also called because I had this same question.

your DH will have to go to his command, and have them put it in his seperation orders for the 180 days (at least that is what DH is allowed at 11 yrs, i don't know if it changes for less time or more time).
  4. Regular Member

When I got out in 1999 Tricare ended that day. Same with my husband when he got out in 2003. There was no holding grace period or anything. Covered, then not covered. That fast.

BUT... that was a long time ago and things change all the time.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    he needs to apply for the TAMP without it the tricare will end the day he gets out.