Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex wants my info for his bah...(???)

1. Senior Member

Ex wants my info for his bah...(???)

Advertisements
    I got an email from my ex (dd's dad) stating he needed my address to change his bah for dependents. What does this mean?? We live in Alaska and he lives in Hawaii. So why does he need my address for bah for dependents? Then, he said he needs a piece of my mail with my address on it.

I don't want to contact finance to find out if this stuff is how it works, so I posted here. Anyone know what it's all about? Is he trying to scam for bah? And how can he with his daughter's info being for Alaska?
  2. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Do you have shared custody? Is the child/children with him more than six months out of the year? Even divorced, singles get BAH for children in some cases.
  3. Senior Member
    No shared custody. She never stays the night with him. Right now i have a temp custody order for sole custody while pending case for permanent sole custody.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Does he provide anything for you DD?
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Does he provide anything for you DD?
    He provides child support.

I went to the local finance office on post, and they said he just needs my address to get baq diff. He didn't tell me that. He said he had to have a piece of my mail. But now I know!!
  6. Senior Member
    Haven't you posted before about him trying to get you to lie to enable for him to get bah? If so, *I* would call Alaska to find out what the real deal is.
  7. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Sounds fishy! We're I you, I would make some calls and confirm. If anything I would go to your base in Alaska and go to JAG and ask them. They can help you find out what is legally necessary.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Haven't you posted before about him trying to get you to lie to enable for him to get bah? If so, *I* would call Alaska to find out what the real deal is.
    Yea he was trying to get me to lie about custody to receive full bah. But apparently when he got the order that I was getting temp sole custody until the custody issue was over, he dropped it, because it went to his work since that was the address he provided.

I went to the finance on Richardson and spoke with them. They said from what I told them about his obligation to pay child support, he qualifies for baq diff (what they offer for people paying child support to offset the cost) instead of bah w/o dependents, and that the finance office there just needs proof of where we live. But by no means does he need my mail.

What sounded odd to me was wanting my mail. Not necessary. So I let him know I went to find out why he needed my mail and address. And also let him know I would give him my address. He replied saying he needs my address and stuff, yet again...until HIS finance office states they need it, I'm not giving up MY mail. Even if they do, I don't have to give him my mail. I have no clue where his mind is these days...
  9. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    Sounds fishy! We're I you, I would make some calls and confirm. If anything I would go to your base in Alaska and go to JAG and ask them. They can help you find out what is legally necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    ditto...he's probably wanting to get BAH for her and then screw you guys in the process.
  10. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Why don't you call the finance office where he is living?
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast