Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How does this work?

1. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

How does this work?

Advertisements
    Okay, so DH graduates AIT midway through September (yay!!! *dance, dance*)

He is coming home for 24 days after graduation. 10 days of leave, and 14 days of hometown recruiting. (Yes, I know that this could be changed, but as long as he graduates AIT on time and does well, then it's pretty solid.) So, until mid October-ish, he'll be here.

My question is, what is going to happen with our BAH? Right now we are receiving it for RI, but I know that at some point it's going to change and we will receive the BAH amount for wherever he is stationed. I just wonder when exactly the amount will change, if they'll change it midmonth or not...all that jazz.

Thank is advance if anyone has the answer

2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It shouldn't change until he gets to his permanent duty station after the hometown recruiting. It'll be a prorated change as of the day he checks into his permanent duty station. It should show up the following month.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWorks View Post

He is coming home for 24 days after graduation. 10 days of leave, and 14 days of hometown recruiting. (Yes, I know that this could be changed, but as long as he graduates AIT on time and does well, then it's pretty solid.) So, until mid October-ish, he'll be here.

My question is, what is going to happen with our BAH? Right now we are receiving it for RI, but I know that at some point it's going to change and we will receive the BAH amount for wherever he is stationed. I just wonder when exactly the amount will change, if they'll change it midmonth or not...all that jazz.

Okay I'm useless here...

But I will say that DH had the 10 days leave then did the hometown recruiting and it was AMAZING! That was when we got married

Is your DH going Airborne?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWorks View Post

It will stay for RI until he signs into his new duty station. So if it is the middle of Oct he signs in, you will get bah for half of RI rate and the end half for the base he is stationed at (well each is prorated for the amount of time at each base say 20 days in RI and 11 in *for example* utah)
  5. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    It shouldn't change until he gets to his permanent duty station after the hometown recruiting. It'll be a prorated change as of the day he checks into his permanent duty station. It should show up the following month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    It will stay for RI until he signs into his new duty station. So if it is the middle of Oct he signs in, you will get bah for half of RI rate and the end half for the base he is stationed at (well each is prorated for the amount of time at each base say 20 days in RI and 11 in *for example* utah)
    Thank you so much! I was thinking that would be how it was going to work, but I figured I'd better confirm before I go preparing a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
    Okay I'm useless here...

But I will say that DH had the 10 days leave then did the hometown recruiting and it was AMAZING! That was when we got married

Is your DH going Airborne?
    I am excited to be home with him for a while before the move!
    He is not going Airborne.

6. Senior Member
    Have you heard where you'll be stationed yet?
  7. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

No, not yet.

Some of the guys that DH is at AIT with got their orders this past week, though. So here's to hoping we find out soon!

8. Banned
    Banned
    the BAH will stay the same until he checks into the new unit- then the BAH will change beginnning that day- no matter what day of the month it is- however depending on the day of the month ( anything after the 21st) may end up with an over payment, so just watch the BAH for a couple of pay periods after you transfer.