Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about the LES

1. Senior Member

Help Question about the LES

Advertisements
    Why on hubs LES does it say in Entitlements: SEB and then in Deductions: SRB

I mean, I get that we got the money for the SRB last month (which is why its in deduction) But my question is why is one SEB and one SRB and isnt SRB a re-enlistment thing? Hubs hasnt re-enlisted.... Im confused

TIA!!!
  2. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    yes SRB is re-enlistment and SEB is enlistment.

I have no clue why you are getting SRB though when your DH hasn't re-enlisted.

hope someone can help you.
  3. Senior Member
    Did they give you SRB (re-enlistment) accidentally last month, and this month their taking it away?
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meg_alane View Post
    Did they give you SRB (re-enlistment) accidentally last month, and this month their taking it away?
    Nope, I checked. Like I said he did get part of his bonus last month and it was for the amount of the SRB but I dont understand why he has an SRB. And why is it SEB in entitlements.... lol
  5. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    This is really bugging me now

went to DFAS ask Military Pay

What is a Selective Reenlistment Bonus (SRB) and who is eligible to receive it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Response:
    A Selective Reenlistment Bonus (SRB) may be paid to a U.S. Armed Forces enlisted member who meets the following conditions:

Meets the conditions of Zones A (reenlistments falling between 17 months and 6 years of service), B or C (reenlistments or extensions falling between 6 and 14 years of active service) eligibility
    Is qualified in a military specialty designated for the award of the SRB
    Is serving in pay grade E-3 or higher
    Reenlists within 3 months of the date of discharge or release from voluntary active duty (or a lesser period if prescribed by the Secretary of the Military Department concerned), extends enlistment, or enlists in Regular Component within 3 months of release from Active Duty as member of Reserve Component.
    Additional criteria may be prescribed by the Secretary of the Military Department concerned.
    Reenlistment bonus amounts will vary depending on the member's prior years of service. The SRB may be paid in a single lump sum or in annual installments. If paid in installments, the member will receive no less than 50% of the bonus up front with the remaining balance to be paid in equal annual installments.

The payment of a Selective Reenlistment Bonus should take no longer than 30 days from the date of re-enlistment. If, after 30 days, the Service Member has not received their his/her bonus payment, he/she should contact his/her servicing Finance Office.

What is a Selected Enlistment Bonus (SEB) and who is eligible to receive it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Response:
    A Selective Enlistment Bonus (SEB) may be paid to an enlisted service member when he/she meets the following conditions:

Enlists in the U.S. Armed Forces for a period of 2 years or more for the purpose of serving in a military specialty designated as critical
    Has never served or has served less than 180 days on active duty
    Is a prior service enlisted member who has not previously received an enlistment bonus and is not currently eligible to receive a reenlistment bonus
    Is not a Delayed Entry Program Reservist currently obligated to any other military service
    The SEB is paid upon completion of training and may be paid in a single lump sum or in periodic installments. It is never tax-free.
    so i guess because I have no clue about your DH.. did he just get out of school?

maybe that would explain the SEB showing up... and then the SRB is his yearly instalment of the SEB they just seemed to coincide this year... as he was in a school for 6months? (add on boot camp and all that jazz i think the time frame would fit)???
  6. Senior Member
    Nope hes been out of AIT for over a year.

Maybe, he was in school for over a year. I just figured they would be the same thing in entitlements and deductions....
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I just looked schduel Lemis Tour and only being played in London. And I have never seen and I really want so I will just know when he comes back so I can be ready.
  8. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Quote Originally Posted by kimsmarkin View Post
    I just looked schduel Lemis Tour and only being played in London. And I have never seen and I really want so I will just know when he comes back so I can be ready.
    I don't understand what you're asking?
  9. Senior Member
    Thank God Im not the only confused one