Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I don't know how some stuff works

1. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!

I don't know how some stuff works

Advertisements
    Hey! As I posted a few days ago I have a class where our objective is to make a plan for the next 5 years. DB and I talked about it and have decided to use "real life" numbers and the most probably outcomes so we really know where we'll be in a few years. I mean this includes everything, marriage, new computers, new cars, houses.... the whole 9 yards.

So we are going to get married after he graduates (probably the summer after). That can happen anytime between 2013 and 2015. After that I'll be his wife so he won't have to live in single barracks. Now here's my question... what happens next?

If he's not living in barracks then we can live in on-base housing? Or off base? and how does that work with the pay? And what exactly is BAH? Does that change depending on on-base or off-base housing and location of the housing? Does that change with children? And then at that point to I need to factor in health insurance into the cost of living?

I know these are a lot of questions. I've been asking him a lot of stuff lately and I've already sent him on a few answer seeking missions, so I don't wanna bombard him too much with stuff that I just don't understand.

TIA
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin
  2. Banned
    Banned
    for BAH it is a flat rate based on location and with or without dependants- it is one rate- you do not get more for having children-

in most cases if you live on base all the BAH goes to that housing.

BAH is an allowance and is addition to BASE pay.

depending on branch will depend on the housing situation- what the wait is, if you have pets, ect. this will vary by location. you almost always have the choice to live on or off base.

for medical for AD and spouses it is no cost insurance- the only premiums is for dental.
  3. Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Finally a Pharmacist and Wife to a Civilian!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    for BAH it is a flat rate based on location and with or without dependants- it is one rate- you do not get more for having children-

in most cases if you live on base all the BAH goes to that housing.

BAH is an allowance and is addition to BASE pay.

depending on branch will depend on the housing situation- what the wait is, if you have pets, ect. this will vary by location. you almost always have the choice to live on or off base.

for medical for AD and spouses it is no cost insurance- the only premiums is for dental.
    Thanks!!!! I appreciate your help! We have to have the 1st round of our "budget" done this weekend and all these things are on my list of stuff to include and I had noooo clue. This is why I love you guys. Even give me HW help
    There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful
    as expectation of something better tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Tigger_pink is my MSOS wifey JoJoBannana is my twin