Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just switched from Tricare Prime to Tricare Standard...

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Sad I just switched from Tricare Prime to Tricare Standard...

Advertisements
    after being on Prime for almost 7 years. I feel bittersweet about it...lol!

The main reason why I switched is because I don't feel like driving over 30 mins away from my house for doctors appointments. I feel like the amount I'd be spending on gas, I can just put towards my deductible/cost shares...

Have any of you made the switch from Prime to Standard? If so, could you share you experience?!

2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I have not yet, but we're thinking about it. I'm so fed up with the drs I have to see.
  3. Love you with all my heart!
    Love you with all my heart!
    Blog Entries
    we just switched but I dont even know what the difference is besides me getting a small bill from an office visit. I think you still have to go to certain doctors and that mess
  4. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    I'll be watching this thread as if/when we try for our next while here, I'm seriously considering switching to standard so I also wouldn't have to drive 1/2 hour to dr appts. But I've also heard the military hospital here isn't very good OB/delivery wise and since I'll be having a c-section, I want the best care I can get/feel comfortable with. So I'd seriously consider switching.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBlue505 View Post
    I'll be watching this thread as if/when we try for our next while here, I'm seriously considering switching to standard so I also wouldn't have to drive 1/2 hour to dr appts. But I've also heard the military hospital here isn't very good OB/delivery wise and since I'll be having a c-section, I want the best care I can get/feel comfortable with. So I'd seriously consider switching.
    I enjoyed my care at Tripler. However, I wasn't high-risk and went with a midwife there.
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shantell12 View Post
    we just switched but I dont even know what the difference is besides me getting a small bill from an office visit. I think you still have to go to certain doctors and that mess
    That's a negative. I can choose which doctor I can go to and where I can be seen. No authorizations are needed, unlike how it is with Prime. I didn't mind having to get the authorizations when on Prime though...
  7. Love you with all my heart!
    Love you with all my heart!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    That's a negative. I can choose which doctor I can go to and where I can be seen. No authorizations are needed, unlike how it is with Prime. I didn't mind having to get the authorizations when on Prime though...
    thats so strange because they just switched us and I got a letter saying my old PCM wasnt accepting "new" patients and they assigned me someone else. I will def be calling them tomorrow to see whats up. thanks for the info!
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shantell12 View Post
    thats so strange because they just switched us and I got a letter saying my old PCM wasnt accepting "new" patients and they assigned me someone else. I will def be calling them tomorrow to see whats up. thanks for the info!
    On the Tricare website, it does state whether or not a provider is accepting new patients. But that's a provider issue, not a Tricare network issue. kwim?
  9. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I was on Prime up until about 17 months ago. I prefer Standard.
    Pax, Aeon
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespertina View Post
    I was on Prime up until about 17 months ago. I prefer Standard.

I liked Prime, because I was familiar with the system and never had to pay a dime. This Standard will take some time to getting used to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast