Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When should we get married...?

1. Senior Member

When should we get married...?

Advertisements
    DB and I are planning on getting married in the next few months but we havent chose a date or anything. It will probably be a JOP wedding since he is currently at AIT. He will be finished with AIT at the end of October and I will be done with college in December. He doesn't know his duty station after AIT yet either. My question is should we get married before he is finished with AIT or when I'm done with school in December? I want to be able to live with him as soon as I am finished with college so we can live on base and I can get benefits but I dont know what is the best way to go about it. Any advice?

DH: "I love you so much beautiful. Thanks for always being there and believing in me. It just makes me love you more!"
  2. No more marines! :)
    No more marines! :)
    I would say after college, or least after your DB gets out of AIT. I don't know if its like the marines or not but after DH got out of school he got some leave days; maybe do it then? That would just be me. If I was in your situation I would wait till you know where he is going! good luck!
    "I happen to like nice men" "I'm nice" "No you're not, you're..." (He kisses her)
  3. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    PM'd you
  4. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I would say when you and your DB/DF(?) decide is best for you. JOPs can be done quickly in most cases, so when you guys decide its right, then do it.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    i guess it depends if u wanna live apart while being married for those few months...

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  6. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    I always go with:

If you have to ask WHEN to get married, then you shouldn't be getting married.

7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emily89 View Post
    I always go with:

If you have to ask WHEN to get married, then you shouldn't be getting married.
    Not very nice, Emily.
  8. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Not very nice, Emily.
    Get married when YOU want to.. not when you think it would best work in your interest for the benefits. It's all up to what the OP want to do.. I don't understand asking strangers advice on when to get married would be helpful.

9. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    WTF, I could have sworn I posted a reply...I thought I even re-read it in "my posts" but now I don't see it

What I THOUGHT I said was something along the lines of:
    Being engaged is fun! I used to look at flowers, venues, centerpieces- all the fun things that wouldn't change. I saved the perfect date, trying on dresses, calling venues, stressing (not in a bad way) over details and all the more in depth stuff until we were engaged. I would post threads, ask DF (then DB) questions and all that but honestly just enjoy what you have! Don't worry about these fine details until you're engaged! You only get to date him once! Then it's engagement and marriage

10. Senior Member
    Well I was just more curious if anyone had gone through anything like I am going through with college and such. I'm not asking WHEN exactly...I guess I just wanted some advice on what would be better. DB and I know we want to live with each other and have been talking about marriage for a long time. Now it just seems right and we've been apart for a long time already so I was just wanted to know what might be easier for us. Sorry if I upset anyone.

DH: "I love you so much beautiful. Thanks for always being there and believing in me. It just makes me love you more!"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast