Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about getting an ID

1. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33

Question about getting an ID

Advertisements
    I was wondering if i have to go to my DF's base after we get married or can i just go to the base near me to get an ID and enrolled in tricare? He will obviously be setting me up into DEERS and what not before i go do this.
  2. Senior Member
    I do not know... but I will be stalking this thread to find out the answer. Good question!

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  3. ARMY WIFE forever his <3
    ARMY WIFE forever his <3
    I went to my closet base to get mine set up and got my ID. So i dont see why you couldnt

He was in Oklahoma at Fort Sill, and I went to Fort Knox in Kentucky to get mine.
  4. HardxCore New Yorker.
    HardxCore New Yorker.
    Well, from what I remember, as soon as your married, you are automatically enrolled into TriCare because you are now his dependent. So you'll be covered.
    Your military ID will be your insurance card for the most part. So before you can actually make a regular appt you'll need to go to DEERS because the ID's need your signature and picture. I *think* he has to be there with you and at the base where his record are held[his current base]. My may be completely wrong on this though...

If you need an actual insurance card if you can't get your ID right away, right after you guys get married you can enroll in TriCare online and request one be sent to you so you can take care of what you need to before you move or what not.
    -Brittni

Together since December 15th, 2003. Married since August 8th, 2009
  5. ARMY WIFE forever his <3
    ARMY WIFE forever his <3
    When I got mine... he didnt have to be there. I needed his info though and all of my info so they know who I am, and they pulled him up off of their computer.

You can call your nearest base though, and they can tell you what all you will need, and i recommend to set up a date and time with them when you call.
  6. Senior Member
    Im going to the nearest base to me cause he is in Germany.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Yes you can. You can locate the nearest ID office at this site: RAPIDS SITE LOCATOR
  8. Senior Member
    Some places want him to be with you, or for you to have POA in order for you to get an ID. I think you'll probably need your marriage license as well but I cant remember. I know they have a copy of ours on file.
  9. Senior Member
    Any base. He can also put you in DEERS from any base. He has to give you a POA or there is a form if he won't be there.
  10. Mrs Haines
    Mrs Haines
    BubMunkeyBles is right. He can put you into DEERS at any post/base. You have to have a POA or him with you to get an ID as well as another form of photo identification and your marriage license. You can also go to the closest post/base taht issues IDs to get this. Victoria is right about finding the location, but make sure you call the location first. For me, the closest location was a NG unit in TN, but I'm sure glad I called first b/c for whatever reason they weren't able to make them for AD dependents (I can't remember why ... I just know they couldn't at the time).

As for the girl talking about Tricare, I'm sorry, but that's not right. You have to get enrolled into Tricare as well, it's not automatic. DEERS and Tricare are two different entities. Now your DH should be able to enroll you into Tricare from his post/base in Germany when he enrolls you into DEERS but it's not the same thing or the same place.
    "I am absolutely convinced that there is no way around this... I have fallen in love with you" - DH

Would you believe me if I told you that fairy-tales come true .. when I'm with you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast