Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EFMP Little Rock AFB area for Down Syndrome

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

EFMP Little Rock AFB area for Down Syndrome

Advertisements
    My son was born with down syndrome back in april. We had orders to shaw but the got cancelled because there were no hospitals close enough to take care of his needs. We have chosen to try to go to LRAFB since we have family in the area to help out with our son and there is supposed to be a great childrens hospital right there. Does anyone have any information for me? We are mandatory movers because I am unaccompinied in Korea right now.
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Basically with EFMP they will send you where there are drs to help your child AND also where there is a place available for you. Just because you want Little Rock doesn't mean you will get it (we wanted Langley, close to Norfolk hospital for ODS and got Utah). Keep your dream sheet up to date but think about places when you put them on there, and if there is appropriate medical in that area for your baby.

Sorry about your baby boy, I can only imagine what you are going through.

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yes I know that part, they already have a spot for me at Little Rock, just waiting to see if my son would have the help he needs from the doctors there. I was just seeing if someone new of any families in our situation there.
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Honestly form our experience with EFMP, anything is possible, just don't hole your breath.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    Honestly form our experience with EFMP, anything is possible, just don't hole your breath.
    That. I'm surprised they actually turned you away from Shaw truthfully. Usually EFMP with the Air Force is kind of a joke in the states. My friends daughter has Turner Syndrom and they got stationed in Wyoming, 4 hours from where the closest doctor for her to see is...