Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: On vacation and forgetting allergy medication

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Question On vacation and forgetting allergy medication

Advertisements
    So normally I pick-up my prescriptions at the MTF pharmacy. However, how does one go about ordering and picking up a refill when in a different region on vacation?

Do I just need to call up my OB, since she is the one who ordered the prescription?

I have Tricare Prime if that matters at all.

I hope that made sense. I'm a bit jet-lagged. Lol!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    So normally I pick-up my prescriptions at the MTF pharmacy. However, how does one go about ordering and picking up a refill when in a different region on vacation?

Do I just need to call up my OB, since she is the one who ordered the prescription?

I have Tricare Prime if that matters at all.

I hope that made sense. I'm a bit jet-lagged. Lol!
    I would call your OB and have them call in a refill to a pharmacy near you. Find a Walgreens or something like that and get their address and phone number.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    I would call your OB and have them call in a refill to a pharmacy near you. Find a Walgreens or something like that and get their address and phone number.
    Thanks! I'll give em a call tomorrow, since they're already closed for the day.

I was just never sure if MTF doctors call civilian pharms or just write scripts to have prescriptions filled there.
  4. Senior Member
    Yee gads, didn't realize your OB was at the MTF. I would still call and ask. Either way, it can be done. I once walked off and left the backpack with ALL the kids meds in them in Jax, and went to TN on vaca. I got the prescriptions filled at a local civilian pharmacy, and did it working directly with the MTF pharmacy.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  5. Senior Member

Yee gads, didn't realize your OB was at the MTF. I would still call and ask. Either way, it can be done. I once walked off and left the backpack with ALL the kids meds in them in Jax, and went to TN on vaca. I got the prescriptions filled at a local civilian pharmacy, and did it working directly with the MTF pharmacy.
    But...then I found the backpack and saved the day!

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    But...then I found the backpack and saved the day!

7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Awesomeness! Glad it can be done. Thanks so very much!!! I've only ever filled a prescription at a civi pharm once and that was using a script from my civi PCM 3 years ago.
  8. Senior Member

I have recently done it. They say they do not "like" to do it, but they will.

No worries!

I hope your allergies aren't too bad yet without it!
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I'm assuming this isn't one that you could get OTC? I know I used to get Zyrtec and Claritin at the MTF pharmacy but you can buy those OTC.

Typically you just need to give the phone number of the MTF Pharmacy to the pharmacy where you want to pick it up--and they will call and ask for it to be transferred. I forgot to refill one of my meds before coming up here to WA and that's what I did. As long as you have refills left that is! If you don't, then you need to ask the pharmacy to fax a refill request to your provider and they'll do that. Mine did it on a Monday morning and had the refill response by that afternoon.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. Senior Member

I once forgot my "happy" pills when I went to TX to visit so I had to call my doc at the MTF in Ca to have a new Rx go to a pharmacy in TX. However, I had to pay out of pocket and it was $90. This was 2003 or so.