Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dental coverage overseas

1. Regular Member

Help Dental coverage overseas

Advertisements

so we are in Germany and I wondered how dental coverage works here? Some say we dont pay anything out of pocket since we are overseas some say we need insurance? I wonder which one it is!
  2. Senior Member

Well, while we were in Korea we saw a dentist off base. The cleanings were covered. Not sure how much else was covered except for braces. My son got braces put on there and Tricare/United Concordia covered half the cost. Normally they would only cover $1200 in the states.

ETA: I don't sound too clear in my post, LOL! You will have insurance through Tricare. Just make sure you change your region. I got a nastygram once because I didn't switch regions then it was a pain in the ass to do so because we were navy on an army post. Army does things differently regarding command sponsorship and we didn't have the "right paperwork" to prove we were allowed to be there. Pretty stupid.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyandholly View Post

so we are in Germany and I wondered how dental coverage works here? Some say we dont pay anything out of pocket since we are overseas some say we need insurance? I wonder which one it is!
    I believe you are to be seen at the dental clinic on base.

BUT when you are stateside you do have to have insurance for dental (united concordia I believe it is) and you will have some co-pay but there are pre-req on all of it.