Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Off Base into Town-- BAH Question

1. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban

Moving Off Base into Town-- BAH Question

Advertisements
    DH and I just moved off base into town in between pay checks and I just looked at our current LES to see if we will be receiving our BAH in our pay check and it isn't there. How are we supposed to pay our rent? Has anyone made a move like this before? If so, how lond did it take for base housing to stop doing direct deposit and start putting the money into your pay check? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Moderator

when you receive BAH in your paychecks as opposed to it going directly to base housing, it is paid in arrears. Which means you get the first half of BAH on the 15th and the second on the 1st (for the previous month). So you should get July's BAH half on July 15th and half on August 1.

ETA: I think.
  3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    LES is for the month prior. So even though you get paid on the 1st, it's pay for work he did between the 15th and 30th. Depending on their policy, base housing has the right to keep BAH for the entire month of June since you moved out in June. So you won't start recieving BAH again until the paycheck on the 15th next month, which would he his pay for the work he did from the 1st to the 15th.
  4. Senior Member
    Sometimes Financing doesn't get things sorted out right away, either. You may need to talk go to them to sort it all out.
  5. Sesa Wo Suban
    Sesa Wo Suban
    Thanks ladies. I see that our BAH is set up for half on the 1st and half on the 15th.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    it could take 2 pay cycles to get the BAH back and changed- it depends on how fast your housing office submits th paper work.
  7. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    SInce housing and finance are slow most of the time , I would suggest keep up with your paper work so you get your BAH fast enough.Because not having your rent is very stressful!
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  8. Senior Member
    Housing is always a month behind. When you moved in you may have paid prorated rent for that month but the next full month was not paid. Therefore when you move out, they are taking out the BAH for one more month. Sucks but thats how they do it
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Taken as E-1 and should be training later this year. He recently started and have been married at the end of next year. He moves well from where I prefer to live on the wrong track. However, I read Bah, and displays them just to give you a grant that live off-base if they are full-base barracks. 'S true, and has more choice?
  10. Regular Member
    Normally you don't get BAH right off the bat they have to finish the paperwork on their end and sometimes DH has to be on their ass about it as well. With me we filled for BAH the week after we got married and he got his BAH at the beginning of the next month. He's still trying to get back pay for BAH for the month we got married...... good luck sweety!
    ||
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast