Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elective Surgery?

1. Regular Member

Elective Surgery?

Advertisements
    *snip*
    Last edited by sbrew; 01-14-2011 at 08:41 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    I know some spouses who have had it, but I do not know if there are any prereqs in order to get it. Call tricare and see what they say.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    I know some spouses who have had it, but I do not know if there are any prereqs in order to get it. Call tricare and see what they say.
    You should put that in your siggy. You add that, and I'll add "Pee on a stick"

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    You should put that in your siggy. You add that, and I'll add "Pee on a stick"
    Why would one pee on a stick? We have indoor plumbing these days.
  5. Senior Member

If they won't call around to all the places that do it and get quotes. The economy is sucktastic right now and talk to your eye doctor when you have prices and places and ask for his/her input. Then look at how much you would be paying in the next oh ten years for glasses/contacts (I think sometimes you need to have it redone but don't quote me on that) and compare those two.

Good luck.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    lasik is done for dep at a few select teaching military hospitals only - it is not a tricare benefit-

I am losing an inch a yr and I do not quailfy even for medical reasons.
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    lasik is done for dep at a few select teaching military hospitals only - it is not a tricare benefit-

I am losing an inch a yr and I do not quailfy even for medical reasons.
    I just called earlier today to ask if they offer this at Naval Medical Center San Diego... and they told me that it's basically on a space available basis, because family members are lowest priority, so it's not likely. I said, "Ok, thanks, I'd like to try anyway." LOL The first step is to get an appointment for the Optometry Clinic, and they're full just on that until July (for family members) so I'm calling next month to try to get an August appointment (I'm going to be gone the entire month of July anyway).

So yes, it's NOT a Tricare benefit. They won't pay for it to be done anywhere... but if you can get in on a space available basis at a military facility, it is possible to have it done for no cost.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Oh, and I am finding I'm not tolerating my contacts very well (not sure if it's because it's drier here in San Diego or what), but I know the solution to that is "Just wear glasses" LOL. I'm really hoping to get LASIK in the next few years, even if we have to pay for it. Everyone I've talked to has said it's worth every penny.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  9. Regular Member
    *snip*
    Last edited by sbrew; 01-14-2011 at 08:41 AM.
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrew View Post
    Well damn. I actually tolerate contacts really well, my eyes do very well with them compared to other peoples. I just hate them. I hate having to do anything really. But I'm now worse then 20/500, so I have to have something. Thanks everybody.
    you never know, some civilian providers may give you a military discount....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast