Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare question

1. Senior Member

Tricare question

Advertisements
    I've tried browsing other tricare threads, but I figured that it'd be easier to explain my own situation.

Oh, and I understand that I will most likely have to call Tricare to get it figured out, but I thought I would pick your guys' brains first.

Okay, DH is stationed out of Camp Pendleton, but my Tricare was set up to Fairchild AFB in (eastern) Washington, since that was where I was attending school. Now, however I am living in SW Washington, a few hours away from any military bases. I am due for a doctor's appointment (plus I need to get back on birth control before DH gets home ). Where do I go? Am I better off trying to get an appointment back at Fairchild (where I have been previously), or what?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

And this probably belongs in a different area and might be TMI, but while I'm asking for help: I had a miscarriage back in the middle of April (I was only about seven weeks along), and have only had one (light) period about a month after the miscarriage. I haven't had another once since. Is this something to be expected? Should I be worried? (As soon as I get the doctor's appointment sorted out, I'll ask, but in the meantime..) Any advice is appreciated, thanks again.
  2. Senior Member
    You have to update your DEERS and do you have standard or Prime?
    ~Lace~

There is enough youth in this world, can we get a fountain of smart??
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lace View Post
    You have to update your DEERS and do you have standard or Prime?
    I feel stupid, but I don't know if I have standard or prime, where could I look to find that out?

I'm also moving back down to Pendleton in a few months, is it difficult to update (meaning, would it be difficult to update it twice in a few months time?)
  4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    if you haven't messed with anything then you most likely have prime
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Banned
    Banned
    you need to call tricare- and change PCM's- you may be in the same region but need to be assigned a new doctor-

as for changing regions it takes 5 -10 minutes it is very easy.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNCheese View Post
    if you haven't messed with anything then you most likely have prime
    We were married in Dec, and DH went to bmt in february. Because I was married, I was automatically enrolled in Standard. I received a letter stating this, and it told me how to go about changing to prime.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meg_alane View Post
    We were married in Dec, and DH went to bmt in february. Because I was married, I was automatically enrolled in Standard. I received a letter stating this, and it told me how to go about changing to prime.
    Really? I thought it was always automatically enrolled in prime. And if you want standard you have to drop prime and enroll in standard.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I feel stupid, but I don't know if I have standard or prime, where could I look to find that out?

I'm also moving back down to Pendleton in a few months, is it difficult to update (meaning, would it be difficult to update it twice in a few months time?)
    You are most likely in prime if you have not may any payments on trips to the dr.

It shouldn't be a hassle. But sometimes since it is a military system things get screwed up. But you can do that if you need/want to.
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meg_alane View Post
    you have it swtiched. when your enroll in tricare, the first month or so you are in standard. once the 1st of the next month comes around you are in prime. to be put on standard you have to tell tricare to drop you from prime.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Senior Member
    Call Tricare. Tell them what you wrote here and they will make sure you have the right information. Sure, sometimes Tricare messes up, but in general they do a pretty good job of answering questions and making sure services are acessible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast