Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: OB - TriCare question

1. Senior Member

OB - TriCare question

Advertisements
    I enrolled in TriCare Prime a couple of weeks ago but was told that I have to wait until July 1st before I will have that coverage outside of the clinic on base.

The problem is I just found out that I am almost 8 weeks pregnant and am guessing that I probably need to be seen before July 1st since I'm a high risk pregnancy since I have diabetes.

The clinic here doesn't have OB, they just have a department where I have to go later today for a referral to a civilian doctor so TriCare will pay for it.

They told me I can use TriCare Standard but I'm not sure if that covers OB or what our copay or if my TriCare Prime would cover it since my primary told me to get a referral from the OB department to a civilian doctor. Does anyone know?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I believe if you are on standard but have a referral from your primary to go to another dr. that Tricare will cover it.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    I believe if you are on standard but have a referral from your primary to go to another dr. that Tricare will cover it.
    I figured they would, especially since me being in Prime is so close. Thanks for thinking the same thing! :0)
  4. Senior Member
    Call TriCare and ask them all of your questions.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan