Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ID card...

  1. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #1

    ID card...

    Advertisements
    So, I recently got some paperwork in the mail...one of the things I received was about the ID card. It says that I need my social security card with me to get it, but DH still has my card with him because he needed it to enroll me in DEERS. So...I can't get my ID card until either DH mails back my papers or after his graduation when I can pick them up from him.

    My question is...will this cause a problem? Someone had told me that we wouldn't get BAH until after I get my ID card, and if that's the case we're pretty screwed unless I get this card VERY soon.


  2. Senior Member
    decks89's Avatar
    decks89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25,031

    #2
    Once you are enrolled in DEERS is when your Tricare and BAH starts.

    Your ID is mostly your BX and commissary ticket and gets you on base.
  3. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Once you are enrolled in DEERS is when your Tricare and BAH starts.

    Your ID is mostly your BX and commissary ticket and gets you on base.
    Well, my friends are all dumb buttheads trying to make me nervous then.

    So, I don't NEED my ID until we have a base to go to pretty much?


  4. Senior Member
    decks89's Avatar
    decks89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25,031

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahMontana89 View Post
    Well, my friends are all dumb buttheads trying to make me nervous then.

    So, I don't NEED my ID until we have a base to go to pretty much?
    Exactly. You do have to show it for any medical appointments as it is also
    your insurance card.

    I used to work at MPF and enter all the info into DEERS for newly married couples. Just make sure he stops by finance and Tricare after enrolling you.

    He has your marriage certificate, right?
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    BethM's Avatar
    BethM is offline
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Silverdale/Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    9,770
    #5
    I can't tell you how to go about getting an ID before he gets your SS card back to you, but you not having an ID shouldn't interfere with him getting BAH--as long as he has the stuff with him to enroll you in DEERS and put you on his Page 2, he should get BAH just fine. You have to be enrolled in DEERS in order to get an ID... not the other way around.

    Sorry I can't help with getting your ID card... since we got married after he was out of basic, we enrolled me in DEERS and got my ID card at the same time.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Exactly. You do have to show it for any medical appointments as it is also
    your insurance card.

    I used to work at MPF and enter all the info into DEERS for newly married couples. Just make sure he stops by finance and Tricare after enrolling you.

    He has your marriage certificate, right?
    He's got everything...marriage certificate, social security card, my birth certificate, a copy of my driver's license...since they mailed me this packet thing I'm assuming that his whole enrolling me into DEERS thing went well.


  7. Senior Member
    decks89's Avatar
    decks89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25,031

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahMontana89 View Post
    He's got everything...marriage certificate, social security card, my birth certificate, a copy of my driver's license...since they mailed me this packet thing I'm assuming that his whole enrolling me into DEERS thing went well.
    Yes, Ma'am!

    Congratulations! You are officially enrolled!
  8. Lime breakfast foot
    bajingo's Avatar
    bajingo is offline
    Lime breakfast foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,479

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Yes, Ma'am!

    Congratulations! You are officially enrolled!
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

    I'm officially an army wife.

    I'm gonna buy a shirt that says "I'm enrolled in DEERS"

    (89)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •