Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: When does BAH start?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Question When does BAH start?

Advertisements
    We are new to all this, and I am trying to figure out what to expect financially while hubby is away at basic and AIT. I know we will get basic pay as an e1 (until basic is done, then he will be e4 via the ACASP he is enlisting under), and I have also read on here from others that we will receive the $250 monthly separation pay while he is away at training. Is there any other kind of pay or allowance I should be budgeting in? Do we get a BAH while we are maintaining our current home and he is away to train?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You should get BAH, it should start when your base pay starts (I believe) but again its one of those things that can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a few months depending on who gets your paperwork and if they do it right.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    They will back pay the BAH, so yes you will get it eventually. I don't know how it will work for your husband, but when my husband joined he got an automatic bump to e-2 for schooling and we got that pay stating right away.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Well that's good to know the we will be getting the BAH. That's a huge relief! I was worried about trying to keep the budget without hubby being here as we usually handle these decisions together. Looks like we are going to have quite a bit more money to work with than we are used to.

Katarianna, he is enlisting as an e4, but I wasn't sure if he would recieve e4 pay during basic, or after. I would imagine if your hubby started getting that pay right away, he will too.

Now I'm sighing a big breath of relief!!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyswife View Post
    Well that's good to know the we will be getting the BAH. That's a huge relief! I was worried about trying to keep the budget without hubby being here as we usually handle these decisions together. Looks like we are going to have quite a bit more money to work with than we are used to.

Katarianna, he is enlisting as an e4, but I wasn't sure if he would recieve e4 pay during basic, or after. I would imagine if your hubby started getting that pay right away, he will too.

Now I'm sighing a big breath of relief!!
    Well, they are in different branches, so I don't know if the Army pays differently then the Air Force. So, I would plan for basic pay and just be surprised if he gets the E-4 pay.