Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: medical/dental

1. Regular Member

medical/dental

Advertisements
    hey, i have braces and my current insurance covers that, as well as my upcoming jaw surgery. what im wondering is how's the army dental coverage? if i switch will my orthodontist appointments still be covered? will my jaw reconstruction still be covered? -should i just keep my coverage maybe?
  2. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Happiness Is A Choice :D
    TRICARE DENTAL PROGRAM - UNITED CONCORDIA - BENEFITS INFORMATION - BENEFITS OVERVIEW

Thats a list of the charges with the tricare dental program.
  3. Moderator

Considering how much money I've laid out for fairly routine dental work in the last couple of months, I would suggest keeping your coverage to help out if you possibly can.
  4. Regular Member
    Thanx. im gonna keep mine,i have blue cross.. i just wont sign up for his.. the braces wont be covered anymore since im over 23. o well. -but, this leads me to another thought...why is the coverage not very good? and earlier today i was looking into auto insurance, and through the USAA its super way more expensive than what i currently have. the question is- why doesnt the military have descent or affordable insurance for anything? i always thought the military's services would have better than private coverage...guess not! lol
  5. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by torrey View Post
    Thanx. im gonna keep mine, the braces wont be covered anymore since im over 23. o well. -but, this leads me to another thought...why is the coverage not very good? and earlier today i was looking into auto insurance, and through the USAA its super way more expensive than what i currently have. the question is- why doesnt the military have descent or affordable insurance for anything? i always thought the military's services would have better than private coverage...guess not! lol
    My car insurance is ridiculously lower than it would be with anyone else, and I have USAA. I guess it depends on a lot of different factors. Our health insurance is incredible.

The dental, I'll grant you, sucks majorly.
  6. Regular Member
    weird, my auto-ins with progressive is 118 per month, USAA's quote for me is 232!!! and that was for LESS coverage than i currently have!

good dental is always hard to find. i think i just got lucky that the company i worked for had adult ortho coverage
  7. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Thanx. im gonna keep mine, the braces wont be covered anymore since im over 23. o well. -but, this leads me to another thought...why is the coverage not very good? and earlier today i was looking into auto insurance, and through the USAA its super way more expensive than what i currently have. the question is- why doesnt the military have descent or affordable insurance for anything? i always thought the military's services would have better than private coverage...guess not! lol
    Well, tricare is at no cost/included in the benefits (however you want to look at it) and I feel that its pretty good and the dental is $14 a month. It is wwwaaayyyy less expensive than most other dental programs and for people who generally only do the biyearly teeth cleanings and the occasional filling, it works out to be a really good deal. If you need coverage for other expenses though I can see why you might want to go with a different company.

As for USAA, again it just depends on a variety of things. DH and I pay $140ish a month for two cars with full coverage (and he has a terrible driving record), renters insurance, and a few various other things insured with them and thats the best deal we could find by far. Plus, their customer service is WONDERFUL so even if they were more expensive, I would probably still use them. I have heard of people finding great deals with other companies though so maybe you just found an awesome deal elsewhere.
  8. Moderator

weird, my auto-ins with progressive is 118 per month, USAA's quote for me is 232!!! and that was for LESS coverage than i currently have!
    Interesting. I wonder if it depends on the vehicle. I have a brand new car and my husband and I both are insured together for significantly less than your Progressive quote. Could be because you're under 25, but so is my hubby. Strange!
  9. Senior Member
    They don't cover spouses for braces? Just children?
  10. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Was that per month or per 6mos? Because they do their quotes for 6mos usually and then you choose to pay it monthly or all at once.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast