Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you go...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If you go...

Advertisements
    To the ER for something, say female issues (like severe pain)...And you already have a problem, say PCOS, and they dont examine you, and they dont really care, would you complain?

I sat in the ER for three hours yesterday for cyst pain that had me in the ER in january, and the dr didnt even check me over. Then he said that he would give me two different meds that I dont have, and i have the ones he gave me. Just because I have PCOS, doesnt mean that I cant be in horrible pain and something could be wrong. I am about to call triwest. I am sitting here at work in HORRID pain.

Do you have to use the Navy hospital ER or can yougo out into town?
  2. Katiebugg
    I would! because pcos is a big thing!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    you can go to any ER
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks girls. I didnt know if I could, cause tricare kept telling me the navy hospital. I am SO MAD, but of course they arent even open yet!
  5. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    OR, you could march your happy self back to the Naval hospital and DEMAND to see someone with some rank on his/her collar. And then file a complaint with patient affairs.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    To the ER for something, say female issues (like severe pain)...And you already have a problem, say PCOS, and they dont examine you, and they dont really care, would you complain?

I sat in the ER for three hours yesterday for cyst pain that had me in the ER in january, and the dr didnt even check me over. Then he said that he would give me two different meds that I dont have, and i have the ones he gave me. Just because I have PCOS, doesnt mean that I cant be in horrible pain and something could be wrong. I am about to call triwest. I am sitting here at work in HORRID pain.

Do you have to use the Navy hospital ER or can yougo out into town?
    OMG...I would complain..I had a similiar problem..went to Navy Medical..they didn't take any chances...they made a referral for me to go out in town to the ER at the nearby hospital...the hospital was waiting for me with open arms..had all my info and everything...ran every test known to man...found the problem and I was home..that's the way it's suppose to be done.....My husband would have been p'd off if I was treated that way...
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I hope you feel better soon
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    talk to the patient rep at the hospital. tricare wont do anything for you. you will have to file a complaint. you can go to a civilian hospital, but you have to call tricare within 3 days afterward. you want to make sure that the hospital you go to takes tricare though. we went to DH's parents house one year and DH had to go in cause he came down with pneumonia. the only hospital in the city takes tricare but isnt in the network. we paid some big bucks!!!
  9. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    You can go to another ER, but you need to call Tricare within those 24 hours, so you don't get billed for it. I would still go back to the naval hospital and file a complaint and demand to see another doctor.
  10. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    you can go to a civilian hospital, but you have to call tricare within 3 days afterward.
    Hmmm, I remember tricare telling me to call within 24 hours of going to a civillian hospital, so you don't get the bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast