Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about stop loss

1. Senior Member

Question about stop loss

Advertisements
    Ok DH said he's supposed to be getting stop loss pay while he's deployed because his ETS was actually back in March, but he was IRR since 2007, then got called back up. It didn't show up on the first LES from overseas, and he said he's gonna talk to someone about it. But I'm just wondering what exactly it is, and since he was already IRR before his ETS is he still going to get it, or should I not get my hopes up on it?
  2. Senior Member
    I'm not sure but I will ask John when I get home. His last deployment was an awesome stop loss deployment. If I don't get back to you just PM I have the worst habit of forgetting. I swear I would forget my head if it wasnt for my neck.
  3. Senior Member
    LOL ok, because JD was in the guard, got an honorable discharge, but then over into IRR if that makes sense. He's just wondering if the way he got out the first time is going to affect his stop loss. I'm kinda looking forward to that, but not getting my hopes up like I said. We're already a lot better off than we've ever been in our marriage. Financially, insurance wise, and our relationship is better too. I'm not complaining.
  4. Senior Member
    John said that it will take awhile for it to show up but he will be back paid for it. It took him until almost his half way point to see it. John was also Guard.

He also asked how long exactly was your SO out. He got his discharge papers yesterday(may 1st). And is beyond nervous about getting called back his last deployment his ETS was the day he left for deployment so he didn't get to experience being out before he left.
  5. Senior Member
    I can't remember the exact date he got out, but he was out for almost a year when they called him back up. His original ETS was March of this year, but he actually got out around Oct 2007. In a way it's for the better because of the economy and everything, we both have talked about it and decided that him re-enlisting for active duty will be what's best for our whole family. Good luck to your DH, maybe he won't get called back.

BTW- the guard unit JD got assigned to out of IRR is from PA, too!