Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAS AND Meal Deduction!?

1. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed

BAS AND Meal Deduction!?

Advertisements
    Last edited by SNK; 01-05-2010 at 11:52 AM.
  2. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
  3. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well I am not sure if I am answering this right and they are probably alot smarter women on here who can but I can answer the part about why its different each month. There arent the same number of days in each month so thats probably why its a little different. His LES probably shows the total BAS he is getting but then the meal deductions are just meals they are charging him for. I guess its like the BAS is the deposit and the meal deductions are withdrawals and whatever is leftover he gets to keep in his paycheck or something along those lines. I might be wrong but thats my best guess. LOL

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    DH's is like that. How much they go to the dining hall determines how much will be deducted I believe.
  5. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    but they will deduct for meals even if they dont even eat in the galley or mess hall which I dont think they should do. I think they should only deduct it if they eat there.

6. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well... This past month, his meal deduction was... $552.69 and his BAS was only $323.87

I have NO Idea why the amount of his meal deductions would be so high for this month... unless he's been eating in there more often...

Usually his meal deduction varies from 160-330... more or less but 552.69!? I'm so confused
  7. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh wow that is alot isnt it. Hmmm that is weird. I just called my DH to ask him if he could explain that one but hopefully maybe someone else who knows better than I do why that might be like that.

8. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    oh wow that is alot isnt it. Hmmm that is weird. I just called my DH to ask him if he could explain that one but hopefully maybe someone else who knows better than I do why that might be like that.
    Thanks for trying!
  9. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    ok my DH just called me back and said that it is possible for it to go over his normal amount so he has to be eating way more than what the army is alloting him for. You might want to ask him if he is eating way more than he usually does and if he isnt then it could be a typographical error and he needs to look into that.

Hope that helps.

10. SNK
    Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    ok my DH just called me back and said that it is possible for it to go over his normal amount so he has to be eating way more than what the army is alloting him for. You might want to ask him if he is eating way more than he usually does and if he isnt then it could be a typographical error and he needs to look into that.

Hope that helps.

It does!! I'll def ask him about it... I hate this type of stuff!! But, gotta get it figured out I guess!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast