Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miramar Housing

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Miramar Housing

Advertisements
    I just found out that there is a VERY good chance that we will end up at Miramar. We are talking about living on base vs. finding an apt in la jolla or something. When my dad was stationed there he lived off base, but i remember the apt being really expensive.

Any suggestions???
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I live ON miramar and for the most part I LOVE it

I live literally next door to the commy. I can walk to do grocery shopping, walk to starbucks, walk to my sons prek, walk to the bank, there is a theater, food places, mcx, etc. I literally do not HAVE to leave the base if I dont wanna.

The ONLY beef I have with my house is no backyard, just a patio. BUT the house design is gorgeous and I LOVE the space etc
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    sounds fantastic

im super excited about going out there...im over the crazy chicago weather. lol
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah we moved back here from Great Lakes

PM me if you have any questions. The base out here is amazing tho and they constantly have events, activities and such going on. Its real neat
  5. Senior Member
    Are you only considering the housing that is actually on the base or would you consider military housing that is off of the base?
    Last edited by marine_wife71099; 04-28-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: misspelling

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    oh geez i didnt even know there was military housing off base.....ugh, i feel like such a rookie.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Lincoln housing has housing all over san diego. Miramar is just 1 of the housings in there area
  8. Senior Member

Miramar is nice because it is convenient and most of it is newly remolded, at least in the last decade. When we lived in SD Miramar did have some housing that was a converted from an old lodge, those were bad! Are they gone?
    La Jolla is a RITZY town, doubt you'll find anything affordable. Your best bet is Mira Mesa if you want to rent and be close.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Miramar has brand new single family homes for senior enlisted (15 month wait tho) and the townhomes here which have been remodeled. All the housing here on base is pretty nice from what I have seen. There is my section which is on the commisary side (Miramar Milcon townhomes which have availability from what I read) there is the capehearts east which are the single family homes that are new, there are townhomes by the MCX, townhomes across from the other gate, and officer housing
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    Miramar has brand new single family homes for senior enlisted (15 month wait tho) and the townhomes here which have been remodeled. All the housing here on base is pretty nice from what I have seen. There is my section which is on the commisary side (Miramar Milcon townhomes which have availability from what I read) there is the capehearts east which are the single family homes that are new, there are townhomes by the MCX, townhomes across from the other gate, and officer housing
    Oooh, if we end up back in SD we'll have to check those out, dh is E7 maybe E8 when we leave Korea. I can wait. I loved the Miramar commy because it has wider aisles plus it was easier to get to than 32nd street, not as much traffic.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast