Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about on base housing

1. Regular Member

Giggle about on base housing

Advertisements
    hi i just moved to bragg a few days ago but i havent gotten a house yet..me and my husband are wondering about the pros and cons to living on base..and what its like..thanks
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am going to be at Bragg in a few months I will be this thread
  3. Regular Member
    its nice here..but they will give you and your husband a list where you can go and not to go when my husband brang that paper home to me i was laughing lol..but yea..look me up when you do..
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by armywife1987 View Post
    its nice here..but they will give you and your husband a list where you can go and not to go when my husband brang that paper home to me i was laughing lol..but yea..look me up when you do..
    We have a paper like that here at FLW too. I think that is common around any Army Post.
  5. Regular Member
    my husband was crackin up when they gave him that cause here they have a place called bragg blvd which is bad from what i hear...lol..but we can go to trailer parks or clubs or bar and im like oh wow we dont do any of it...i made the comment *what will we do * lol..my husband just shook his head...but yea youll love bragg...the women from what i hear are cool and very helpful..if you need anything just ask..
    MJM
    I don't have any info on it, but here is a for you!
  7. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Ive lived offpost and on.

Honestly I prefer to live on because you never know where you will up and Id rather be on post where at least you have access to everything.

Now my hubby is from Fayetteville NC where you guys are and I loved it there and there plenty of stores and eateries so access to anything shouldnt be a issue.

Also living onpost there is a better since of security, now dont get me wrong stuff tends to happen on post to but it is less likely.
  8. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Quote Originally Posted by armywife1987 View Post
    my husband was crackin up when they gave him that cause here they have a place called bragg blvd which is bad from what i hear...lol..but we can go to trailer parks or clubs or bar and im like oh wow we dont do any of it...i made the comment *what will we do * lol..my husband just shook his head...but yea youll love bragg...the women from what i hear are cool and very helpful..if you need anything just ask..

Bragg Blvd is just a old road with old clubs , bars, some strip mall stores and fast food joints, its not even that serious.

Of course there are jacked up looking houses over there and a few loonies roam the area but the dmv I had to go to was over there, and during the day time it wasnt bad. I wouldnt personally walk over there at night but you see al types of people driving up and down there.
  9. Regular Member
    thats all i heard....but yea i dont plan on walking threw there anytime soon lol...
  10. Senior Member
    I moved on post at Ft Lewis, and I love it. We could be saving more money off post, but my apartment woudln't be as nice. I love having my childrens school and parks so close to home. I love having my DH home for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And since we live on-post, they give him time to go to the kids school activities.

Our Comissary, bowling alley, movies, and the club is a lot cheaper than off-post.

It depends, do you or your DH mind stepping out of your house and seeing soldiers in uniform all the time? Or having to follow some rules, or maybe sensitive neighboors?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast