Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: OBGYN San Diego Tricare

1. Senior Member

Help OBGYN San Diego Tricare

Advertisements
    Hi all I have the unpleasent task of picking an OBGYN closer to home. I work (and use to live) in North County so my doc (who is a PC who also does annuals) is based in encinitas and we are TTC and the one she recommended only delivers at scripps encinitas...not really gonna work now that I live down in SD.

Anyway do you guys have a recommendation for a gyno that I can use all the way through from TTC to delivery in the SD area that takes TriCare. I am leaning toward La Jolla or Balboa (DH preference) delivery location if and when we get prego. Also on that note DH has heard that Balboa is a great place to deliver is this true?

any help you guys can provide would be great.
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I delievered my youngest at Balboa and had no problems. I even went back to the same dr when her tying my tubes failed 2 years later!!!!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Balboa, Teal clinic, Loved them all! I had Dr. O'neill and highly rec. her!!
  4. Senior Member
    I Dr. O'neil. This is my second pregnancy at Balboa and I have no complaints.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dr O'neil is the dr that I was referring too. She is awesome!!!
  6. Senior Member
    thank you for your responses it funny you all went had the dame person.

A. is it a man or woman?
    B. Where is the maternity/birthing center located is it at Balboa or somewhere else?
    C. I can't find a bio on Dr. O'neil anywhere do you happen to know where it is posted?
    D. I am looking for a Dr. that is high risk due to my age, does O'neil qualify?
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swrlygrl View Post
    thank you for your responses it funny you all went had the dame person.

A. is it a man or woman?
    B. Where is the maternity/birthing center located is it at Balboa or somewhere else?
    C. I can't find a bio on Dr. O'neil anywhere do you happen to know where it is posted?
    D. I am looking for a Dr. that is high risk due to my age, does O'neil qualify?
    Dr O'Neil is a woman. I have no idea where her bio is. Yes, Dr O'Neil does high risk pregnancies.

The maternity ward I believe is on the 3rd or 4th floor of the builiding one. I dont remember which floor. Been almost 5 years since I was last in there.
  8. Senior Member
    oh I ment is at Balboa or somewhere else like 32nd street?

one other question if you guys know, my OBGYN is not military and only does delivery at Scripps Memorial La Jolla will TriCare cover it? If not how does that work, do I need to find a doc at Balboa once I am prego?
    bye for now
    W~

[/url]
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swrlygrl View Post
    oh I ment is at Balboa or somewhere else like 32nd street?

one other question if you guys know, my OBGYN is not military and only does delivery at Scripps Memorial La Jolla will TriCare cover it? If not how does that work, do I need to find a doc at Balboa once I am prego?
    Dr O'Neil is a part of the teal team that is out of Balboa. So if you choose to see her, you would go to the OB clinic at Balboa. If you are on Prime, the only way to see a civilian OB is if the OB dept is full or you are too high risk. Otherwise you have to drop your coverage to standard to see a civilian dr.
  10. Senior Member
    ok great thank you so much for all your info, I couldn't find anything on the triwest site that told me that really and I have to get a new Gyno and I didn't want to have to do it again when we get prego but I guess there isn't any way around that since we are prime. Im not really stoked about that either, it kinda sucks since you spend all that time developing a relationship and medical history with your gyno but then have to drop them to have a baby
    bye for now
    W~

[/url]