Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will they backpay sep pay?

1. Senior Member

Will they backpay sep pay?

Advertisements
    We're in the process of getting my command sponsorship most likely denied for Italy (I'm currently undergoing chemo)... will they backpay sep pay to when DH PCS'd? Just curious. I know we can't get the pay until I am formally told "no", but wasn't sure if they'd back pay.
  2. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    I think they would
  3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    We're in the process of getting my command sponsorship most likely denied for Italy (I'm currently undergoing chemo)... will they backpay sep pay to when DH PCS'd? Just curious. I know we can't get the pay until I am formally told "no", but wasn't sure if they'd back pay.
    If your dh received orders to pcs and the orders say you are allowed to go, then you most likely will not receive separation pay until you are formally denied sponsorship.
  4. Jen
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    Blog Entries
    I would think they would
  5. bend...and snap!
    bend...and snap!
    My dh has gotten sep pay back paid. It might vary though based on branch, command, etc. But I would like to say that they will.
  6. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I hope the very least they will do for you is backpay that separation pay.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    you should be getting sep pay if you are seperated due to waiting for command sponsorship-

even in your case of not being able to get command approval until after treatment- you are still ORDERED APART- it is not a personal choice.

so in oyur case you should get it back dated- ( actually should be getting it now in most cases) I would have him double check.
  8. I'm living my life like it's golden!
    I'm living my life like it's golden!
    I think and hope they'll give you backpay for the SP (Seperation Pay)!
    He has to pcs alone now so the whole situation has changed, which should take a while with a update in the system and all that, but still there's no reason not to pay back SP!
    Good luck with everything, and I'm so sorry for how your situation turned out and so much more for everything you're dealing with!
    Regards and much love!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you should be getting sep pay if you are seperated due to waiting for command sponsorship-

even in your case of not being able to get command approval until after treatment- you are still ORDERED APART- it is not a personal choice.

so in oyur case you should get it back dated- ( actually should be getting it now in most cases) I would have him double check.
    He was told no by finance, but they tend to not always know... Will have him reask... And thanks, I'll have him ask and find out. And no I'm not on his orders, if I was on his orders I'd be in Italy. I'm not sure they'll even give me command sponsorship after treatment since they don't have much medical on base etc... but will see I guess.
  10. 0o0o0 My Airman's Jewel 0o0o0
    0o0o0 My Airman's Jewel 0o0o0
    When my husband left for BASIC in november....something was wrong with our marriage cert. so we didn't get our full paycheck that first day on the month that we were suppose to get paid but when everything was done and okay...we got backpay for it...but I am not sure about any other branch but I know the Air Force backpays.

I my new WiFeY'Z AloneInParadise, StonieBolonie, Army_Wife04, JasonsAngel, Sparks24, & ArmieGirl!~!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast