Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my housing

1. wishin
    wishin

Question my housing

Advertisements
    If my husband and I do not feel safe living in the housing i am living in, do we have the right to ask to be put on the list for somewhere else or am i SOL and half to go out and find my own place. problem is i know there is no where we are going to be able to afford the bills and rooms we need without housing.
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I don't think you can request to live somewhere else unless there is a change in curcumstances, like having more children and needing a larger place. Or if there is something very wrong with the house you're in like mold, bad leaks etc. Why don't you feel safe where you are?
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    I don't think you can request to live somewhere else unless there is a change in curcumstances, like having more children and needing a larger place. Or if there is something very wrong with the houser you're in like mold, bad leaks etc. Why don't you feel safe where you are?
    Exactly, and I know out here, if you haven't been promoted and outrank your neighborhood/ bedroom size...or had another baby, the housing office requires that you move out into a place in town and get on the waiting list for a different neighborhood.

I'd call housing.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. wishin
    wishin
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    I don't think you can request to live somewhere else unless there is a change in curcumstances, like having more children and needing a larger place. Or if there is something very wrong with the house you're in like mold, bad leaks etc. Why don't you feel safe where you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    Exactly, and I know out here, if you haven't been promoted and outrank your neighborhood/ bedroom size...or had another baby, the housing office requires that you move out into a place in town and get on the waiting list for a different neighborhood.

I'd call housing.

CURSE THEM FOR PUTTING US IN A 3BED ROOM WHEN WE ONLY HAD ONE CHILD! lol. i am expecting but now we finally qualify for where we are living. Here is my list..

egged house, car break-in 3x, our cars been hit while parked at night, gun shots a few times a week, CRAPPY security who doesnt even come out when called. We dont feel safe and he will be deploying soon and doesnt want me living here. I am just scared about finding a place for the bah. lol. aw well i guess.
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    are you sure you can't find some place you can afford? it might be worth exploring... hell we looked at a HOUSE in portsmouth that was $900/month.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. wishin
    wishin
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    are you sure you can't find some place you can afford? it might be worth exploring... hell we looked at a HOUSE in portsmouth that was $900/month.

yaaa... im from here all my life. im not living in portsmouth, norfolk. ill live in ches or va beach but not south norfolk in ches. sooo it limits alot. i found a few houses but i just think we would be cutting it to close. unless DH wants to move father away from my family like in hampton then i guess thats it. idk. i guess i will be fine but i am scared to come home after dark or anything.
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornwife View Post
    yaaa... im from here all my life. im not living in portsmouth, norfolk. ill live in ches or va beach but not south norfolk in ches. sooo it limits alot. i found a few houses but i just think we would be cutting it to close. unless DH wants to move father away from my family like in hampton then i guess thats it. idk. i guess i will be fine but i am scared to come home after dark or anything.
    well that house was in the historic district of Olde Towne. seemed really nice. we're moving right outside the hospital in a relatively new complex and it is beautiful, but not that expensive.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sailornwife View Post
    I lived in Chesapeake for 3 years. I completely understand why you are picky about where you want to live. I absolutely would not live in portsmouth, Newport News, certain parts of Norfolk and Chesapeake. You will definitely have a hard time getting moved in housing because it's hard to get in housing there. We lived in the great Bridge area of Chesapeake in a 3 bedroom town house. We paid 1035/mo. We moved away from there almost 2 years ago though.
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    well that house was in the historic district of Olde Towne. seemed really nice. we're moving right outside the hospital in a relatively new complex and it is beautiful, but not that expensive.

They built that while I was living there (I drove by it all of the time since I was pregnant twice while living there and the OB is in the hispital ). The complex is fairly nice. It's still not an area a lot of people want to live in though, that's why it's priced nicely.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Depending on circumstances and what documentation you have. Sometimes it's possible to get on the waitlist for another area while in housing. I know in SD we were allowed to that for awhile when we first got there. Call them, worse they can tell you is no you have to move out in town and get on the list.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast