Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seperation Pay

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Seperation Pay

Advertisements
    my husband is reporting to Ft. Belvoir in july for AIT for his job change. since he is going to be gone over 30 days (he will be there 5 months) do you get seperation pay or is that just for deployments?

thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    well first off apparently neither one of us went to bed

Second, when DH left at any point for training we got extra pay for it. We wouldn't get it till he got home though and filed the paper work. His shortest time gone was like 3 weeks and the longest was 6.
  3. Married to my hero!
    Married to my hero!
    It depends... I believe the army has that rule where if they are gone a certain amount of time you can move there with them... so if they allow you to do that and you choose not to then i don't think you would get it.. but don't quote me i'm still learning!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    well first off apparently neither one of us went to bed

Second, when DH left at any point for training we got extra pay for it. We wouldn't get it till he got home though and filed the paper work. His shortest time gone was like 3 weeks and the longest was 6.
    i tried! but it didnt work, lol! but for extra pay!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*CaliKristen*~ View Post
    It depends... I believe the army has that rule where if they are gone a certain amount of time you can move there with them... so if they allow you to do that and you choose not to then i don't think you would get it.. but don't quote me i'm still learning!
    yes they do. however that cutoff is the school has to be 5 months and 10 days, and DH's is 5 months and 9 days we tried to get it to where i could move with them, and they wouldnt budge not even for a day!
  5. Senior Member

As far as I understand if they are gone 30 days you get sep pay but no BAS if there is a dining facility.
  6. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Ok, from what I understand from DH if you were married before he went away to wherever, and it is over the 30 days, then you will get sep pay. DH and I got married during the middle of his tech school, so we wont get it since it wasn't before the fact. He has friends who were married before basic and everything and they have gotten sep pay since they left for basic training. Their school is long enough that their wives could move, but they still get it anyways.

This is just how it was explained to me by DH so I have no clue if it is all right
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    As far as I understand if they are gone 30 days you get sep pay but no BAS if there is a dining facility.
    but if he is considered TDY the whole time (which he explained means the army pays for everything they are even giving him a rental car because he cant leave me without one) would they still give us the speration pay? and im not sure, but i think he doesnt get bas anymore.
  8. Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Happiness Is A Choice :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    DH said that too
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by csmithwick_819 View Post
    Ok, from what I understand from DH if you were married before he went away to wherever, and it is over the 30 days, then you will get sep pay. DH and I got married during the middle of his tech school, so we wont get it since it wasn't before the fact. He has friends who were married before basic and everything and they have gotten sep pay since they left for basic training. Their school is long enough that their wives could move, but they still get it anyways.

This is just how it was explained to me by DH so I have no clue if it is all right

makes sense, but my husband is already enlisted, and Active duty, and been through BCT and AIT already. he is re-enlisting and changing his MOS. so my confusion is if it is the same if they are already enlisted.
  10. I'm living my life like it's golden!
    I'm living my life like it's golden!
    This's what I found and I hope it helps with your question though?

Family Separation Allowance
    A servicemember with dependents who serves an unaccompanied tour of duty may be entitled to a family separation allowance (FSA) of $250 per month. FSA accrues from the day of departure from the home station and ends the day prior to arrival at the home stationThis is in addition to any per diem or other entitlements presuming that:

Movement of dependents to the permanent duty station at Government expense is not authorized. This presupposes that the dependents do not already live at or near that station

The member is on duty on board a ship away from the home port of the ship for a period of more than 30 continuous days

The member is on temporary duty away from the permanent duty station for a continuous period of more than 30 days and the dependents do not live at or near the temporary duty station

Servicemembers that choose to serve an unaccompanied tour of duty at a permanent duty station where the movement of dependents at Government expense is authorized, are not entitled to the family separation allowance under the first condition noted above.

In situations where servicemembers are married to another servicemember, family separation allowance is authorized for one member if the members were residing together immediately before the separation.

Servicemembers must complete a DD Form 1561 (Statement to Substantiate Payment of Family Separation Allowance) to substantiate entitlement to FSA.

http://www.military.com/benefits/mil...tion-allowance

Regards and much love!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast