Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: United Concordia

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

United Concordia

Advertisements
    Being that I'm new to this whole thing...what is their coverage policy? I need 2 root canals done. How much am I repsonsible for percentage wise? Same with cavities?
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's 20%. 2 root canals and 2 crowns to go over those root canals cost me $1500.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    It's 20%. 2 root canals and 2 crowns to go over those root canals cost me $1500.
    Ok thanks. Now I just got to work up a payment plan once I schedule everything. It's a lot cheaper than what insurance I have now. I would be repsonsible for 50% of everything.
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am not sure how big of a base Tyndall is. But it is possible to get dental work done on base if they allow for it. I had 3 crowns done on base and didnt have to pay for it. They did it because of the cost and I couldnt afford to do it. It's normally only done at the bigger bases though.
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I am not sure how big of a base Tyndall is. But it is possible to get dental work done on base if they allow for it. I had 3 crowns done on base and didnt have to pay for it. They did it because of the cost and I couldnt afford to do it. It's normally only done at the bigger bases though.
    a question to clarify: if you get your dental work done on base (i.e. at one of the major hospitals with dental facilities), you don't have to pay for it?

i'm asking because, like my fellow jersey girl above, i also needs some heavy dental work done but we will be at NMCP

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    a question to clarify: if you get your dental work done on base (i.e. at one of the major hospitals with dental facilities), you don't have to pay for it?

i'm asking because, like my fellow jersey girl above, i also needs some heavy dental work done but we will be at NMCP
    Great minds think alike! My god this damn root pain will not go away. I'm living off of 4 extra strenght tylonal right now.
    -Me

7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I didnt pay for my 3 crowns. I am also tricare prime, so I dont know if that makes a difference or not. My son also had all his caps done at the base hospital and we didnt pay for those either.

I need one more root canal and crown as well and am waiting till we get to VA to get that taken care of.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    with concordia also they only cover the cost of the silver fillings in your back teeth, and the white ones for your front...if you choose all white fillings, they cover 80% of what silver fillings would cost and you pay the rest for whatever the white ones cost.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I need a crown still for my root canal and I was told that I could not get it done on any of the bases. I had to pay for my root canal and I have to come up with 510.00 for my portion for the crown I need. Needless to say I havent' done it yet. My dh had his teeth taken care of on the ship and he didnt' pay anything, I was so jealous. But I called and asked and was told nope, they won't do a crown or anything like that for spouses on base. Only active duty military. Spouses are told to find someone else to take care of their teeth. It sucks yeah, but that is how its done here. So if you can get your teeth done for free at your base, do it now before comeing down/up here. Trust me on that. And I don't remember who I called this was over a year ago that I asked.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    So it's about $1500 per root canal correct? With my insurance right now I'd be paying around $2200.
    -Me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast