Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: clothing allowance quesiton

1. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell

clothing allowance quesiton

Advertisements
    can someone pls tell me how much you get and how often, and at what if any increments it gets paid out? army rank e2... thanks to all in advance
    i love my hunni bunni
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It's paid once a year in the anniversary month that they joined. It's 381.60 the second and third year then it's $543.60 every year after that.
  3. Senior Member

Just a little more info here. There is a chart, also.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/fy200...myclothing.htm
    The Initial Clothing Allowance is how much an entire set of uniforms would cost. In most cases, uniforms are issued to new recruits, but some recruits (such as prior service) may be given the allowance instead and instructed to purchase their own uniforms from the Military Clothing Sales store.

The clothing allowance is usually paid annually on a member's enlistment anniversary. Those with less than three years of service receive the basic rate (on the assumption that their uniforms are still fairly new and don't need to be replaced as much). Additionally, their first annual payment will be only 1/2 of the allowance amount (on the assumption that little would have to be replaced during their first six months of service).

After three years of service, members receive the standard rate each year. This allowance is not taxable.
  4. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    ok.. thanks you guys... but here is the question... my dh got uniforms a bct of course... but since then he also purchased like 2 other ones also... now he is finishing up AIT and his uniforms are trashed from field training etc. he was told that he could exchange them for new ones at the px got all the forms and docs signed off by his command.. but when he went there they told him no bc it had been longer than 180 days... i am now confused as to how he is supposed to replace the stuff that he can no longer use aside from paying for it all out of pocket which is expensive and would be hard for us to do right now... all help greatly appreciated...
    i love my hunni bunni
  5. Senior Member

Hmmm, never been in that situation. Can he apply for the Star Card? He can buy uniforms interest free.
    http://www.aafes.com/