Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help Medical

Advertisements
    So DF went to the doctor today to get his regular 2 times a year checkup. Annnd was able to get the paperwork to start filling out for me when we get married. The doctor said something about oversea screenings...
    Do we have to be married first in order for them to check me out?
    I know that might sound stupid

Also, how hard is it to transfer medical records?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by navygirl8407 View Post
    So DF went to the doctor today to get his regular 2 times a year checkup. Annnd was able to get the paperwork to start filling out for me when we get married. The doctor said something about oversea screenings...
    Do we have to be married first in order for them to check me out?
    I know that might sound stupid

Also, how hard is it to transfer medical records?
    yes you need to be married before a military dr. will examin you
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I would assume you would have to be married first, other wise the military wouldn't cover it. As you don't have medical coverage under your spouse unless you are married.
  4. Senior Member
    As far as transfering medical records, I am taking them with me by hand when we PCS. You can also have them faxed.
  5. Senior Member
    It depends on the base, this is the first base we've ever been to that won't hand me back my flipping medical record. I've had to request a copy of it and it takes 4-6 weeks. Apparently this has been a rule since 2002 or something, but I've hand carried since then.

If you mean civilian records, you'll probably need to request your record in writting. Some places will just have you sign a form saying you're taking it, others will want your new doctor to send them a release form and then they'll mail it to the new one. My dentist is the latter, but when I got married I was able to go to the records office and sign the form.
  6. Senior Member
    If you can I would keep as much hard copies of your medical stuff as possible... They lose records all the time.
  7. Senior Member
    They either lose them or send them to the salt mine place. Somehow mine and my sons records got split up and were sent there for archiving. I had to submit a request to have them pulled back out and it took two months.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I did my overseas screening after I got to Guam. All I needed was my shot records. We were already married and I was in DEERS etc at that point though
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    My son had a medical appt 100 miles away at another military hosp. The clinic here would only give me photocopies. My son has 17 med record files total because of how much there is.

San Diego got me a copy of everything on a disc within 30 days. It took 2 months to get the medical records here after I requested them.
  10. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    Ditto...always have them make copies...mine (and my children's) are all LOST right now. Damn military.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast