Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to see a doctor

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Need to see a doctor

Advertisements
    I need to see a doctor. I believe I gave have a sinus infection. I get seen at sewells point. Is there any way to get an appointment that's not 3 weeks down the road? I've never been seen there cause I was sick, just for my yearly exams. Or am I just shit outta luck and probably not able to be seen by a doctor?

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Go to an urgent care...
  3. Senior Member
    You can go to Urgent care... but depending on how bad it is... try some Ziacam. I use the eucalyptus kind for sinus infections.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Pamela* View Post
    Go to an urgent care...
    I can't just go to any urgent care and Portsmouth naval is not worth it. I just called and there's nothing until the 13th. So am I never able to see a doctor when I'm sick? This is bullshit

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    I can't just go to any urgent care and Portsmouth naval is not worth it. I just called and there's nothing until the 13th. So am I never able to see a doctor when I'm sick? This is bullshit
    Do they have an after hours or walk in clinic? You can call the appointment line first thing in the morning, middle of the day and maybe again in the afternoon to see if they have any openings. There are usually tons of cancellations and no-shows throughout the day ( at least that is how it is here )so they may have an opening if you are persistent! I know it's frustrating and hope you are able to get in soon!

ETA You may have some luck calling the nurse' advice line as well!!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Is this something I can contact tricare about an maybe they'll let my switch to a civilian doctor? Ya know, not being able to be seen in a timely manner? How stupid is it that I'm sick but can't be seen for another 5 days

7. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    Call tomorrow AM first thing and talk to a nurse...they usually can get you in faster...Feel better
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    Is this something I can contact tricare about an maybe they'll let my switch to a civilian doctor? Ya know, not being able to be seen in a timely manner? How stupid is it that I'm sick but can't be seen for another 5 days
    You can contact Tricare and talk to them about your options but it will probably take more than 5 days for everything to get switched over.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Do they have an after hours or walk in clinic? You can call the appointment line first thing in the morning, middle of the day and maybe again in the afternoon to see if they have any openings. There are usually tons of cancellations and no-shows throughout the day ( at least that is how it is here )so they may have an opening if you are persistent! I know it's frustrating and hope you are able to get in soon!

ETA You may have some luck calling the nurse' advice line as well!!
    Nope no walk in/ afterhours clinic available

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    You can contact Tricare and talk to them about your options but it will probably take more than 5 days for everything to get switched over.
    I'm ok with it taking more than 5 days so long as I never have to deal with sewells point ever again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast