Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm just SO confused!

1. I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I'm a dirty martini! ;)

Nutts I'm just SO confused!

Advertisements
    I work for a state department. My DH told me that all I need is a military ID to start using Tricare. Well the HR department at my work told me that they need documentation within thirty days of receiving new insurance so that I can discontinue my health benefits with the state. Well DH is useless with helping me figure out how I get this information.

To make matters worse he still hasn't provided me with the information to access DEERS and I'm just SO lost! I don't want to continue my health insurance with my work because of a stupid "quit smoking" program that they made smokers enroll in to get a lower cost for insurance. The program is a joke and I just don't want to have to deal with it anymore but I'm afraid I'm going to have to! It seems so silly/stupid to me to have two different insurances for myself and I'm just at a complete stand still! I don't even know what kind of coverage I have with Tricare!

I'm so confused and frustrated that I could cry! I HATE being in the dark!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    All you need is your id for coverage, tricare doesn't give out id's sorry
  3. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    as long as you are enrolled in DEERS (thats something only ur dh can do) you can just call tricare 888 874 9378 and have them send you your medical id card. you will need to choose a dr. in your area or military installation if you prefer (you can look on their website for dr. in your area)... then they will send you the card and YOU ARE COVERED! even if you dont have your military id yet...
    i love my hunni bunni
  4. I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldierslove View Post
    as long as you are enrolled in DEERS (thats something only ur dh can do) you can just call tricare 888 874 9378 and have them send you your medical id card. you will need to choose a dr. in your area or military installation if you prefer (you can look on their website for dr. in your area)... then they will send you the card and YOU ARE COVERED! even if you dont have your military id yet...
    I know I'm covered but I need to provide written documentation to my work to discontinue my current health insurance through my work. That's my problem.
  5. Mrs. Powell
    Mrs. Powell
    if you call tricare they will send you a letter along with your card and it will state your effective coverage date you can then submit that to your workplace as your proof of other insurance.
    i love my hunni bunni
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveJuice View Post
    I know I'm covered but I need to provide written documentation to my work to discontinue my current health insurance through my work. That's my problem.
    hmm all you SHOULD need is your military ID. his SSN is your policy number if that helps you out at all.

i would call tricare and explain what they are looking for, and see if there is something they can send you.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldierslove View Post
    if you call tricare they will send you a letter along with your card and it will state your effective coverage date you can then submit that to your workplace as your proof of other insurance.
    If you haven't received it yet, call tricare and request a new one. you'll have it by the end of the week.
  8. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    alright check it out. i think all you need is your id. you should be enrolled in prime which means totally free but you would have to go to a military clinic. the other option is standard which means you can go to any clinic that accepts them and you pay deductables not to exceed $1k per yr. your coverage begins on the 1st of the month after you enrolled (if enrolled by 20th of the previous month). you should be getting another card in the mail for the actual insurance and a list of people that accept it (in the case of prime, they usually assign you a clinic). for more answers go to www.tricare.mil or call 1-866-645-4584 (i think that # could possibly be the wrong region, but they will direct you!)

[/url]
  9. Do fairytales ever come true?
    Do fairytales ever come true?
    Virginia Beach Va (hubby is on USS Bataan)
    Blog Entries
    oh as far as the paperwork for work, they should be able to mail something if you call and ask or its already in the mail!

[/url]
  10. Senior Member
    Are you not on Tricare Prime? If you aren't, as long as you have a military ID then you can enroll yourself. Tricare Standard is automatic once you're in DEERS but you don't receive an insurance card. When you're enrolled into Prime they send you insurance cards in the mail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast