Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Military Pay question, boot camp

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Military Pay question, boot camp

Advertisements
    Hey everyone,

My DB is in Air Force Boot camp. He has been there for 6 weeks... and I was just wondering when he will finally get his military pay deposited into his account?!
  2. *
    I was wondering that about DB also... he's at Marine boot camp though.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah it's kind of annoying... I've got bills to pay....mortgage especially! Good thing we've got money put away
  4. Senior Member
    Paydays are on the 1st and the 15th.

When DH was in basic we were told to wait 3 paydays before expecting anything to be set with it. So if he has been there for 6 weeks, his 2nd pay day would be tommorow depending on the day he actually enlisted.

If you dont get it tommorow then I would give it one more cycle to go through.

ETA- when I typed this I was thinking there were 6 weeks in a month You shoulddddd be getting it tommorow then going by what we were told. If you dont, do you have his recruiters #? I called him a lot when DH was in basic for the pay issues/etc that was happening.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Paydays are on the 1st and the 15th.

When DH was in basic we were told to wait 3 paydays before expecting anything to be set with it. So if he has been there for 6 weeks, his 2nd pay day would be tommorow depending on the day he actually enlisted.

If you dont get it tommorow then I would give it one more cycle to go through.
    Alright, Thanks!
  6. Senior Member
    so you can see my stupid edit
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    hahaha, good thing it's early and I thought there was 6 weeks in a month too

Yeah I have the recruiter's number, if he doesn't get the deposit tomorrow, I will be giving him a ring.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    paydays are actually the 15th and 1st-

and pay is paid retroactively- so if he went in 6 weeks ago say feb 15th= he would have to work 2 weeks to be elegible for pay- Mar 1st- ( 15th to 1st) then work 1st-15th to get paid on the 15th march, then 15-31 st for April 1st paydate.

if the paperwork was submitted before the 20th of feb- he should get paid april 1st-
    if it was not submited until after feb but before march 1st he will not get paid until april 15th.

pay will be prorated for actual days "worked" so if he went in the 20th of feb he will get paid for feb20th-28th, march1st 15th and march15th - april 1.....remember that they will have deductions- and pay will not be right for 6-8 pay cycles.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    paydays are actually the 15th and 1st-

and pay is paid retroactively- so if he went in 6 weeks ago say feb 15th= he would have to work 2 weeks to be elegible for pay- Mar 1st- ( 15th to 1st) then work 1st-15th to get paid on the 15th march, then 15-31 st for April 1st paydate.

if the paperwork was submitted before the 20th of feb- he should get paid april 1st-
    if it was not submited until after feb but before march 1st he will not get paid until april 15th.

pay will be prorated for actual days "worked" so if he went in the 20th of feb he will get paid for feb20th-28th, march1st 15th and march15th - april 1.....remember that they will have deductions- and pay will not be right for 6-8 pay cycles.

Yupp, I know about all the deductions and what not, I was just confused as to when his pay would actually be deposited and was wondering about other air force boot camp experiences with pay.....just to get an idea of when to expect it.